Cycle Mirror

D

Deleted member 4366

Has anyone attached a mirror to "Dutch-style" bars? If so, where and how exactly?

Indalo
I fitted a Cateye BM500G to mine and found it perfectly OK until I broke it when I turned the bike upside down to take off a wheel

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Well after reading the posts and looking at the various recommendations I decided to go with the Blackburn Multi Mirror (£14.99 from Wiggles delivered free).. I chose it because I wanted one that folds down as I have a folding bike. I also wanted a decent sized mirror and this one seemed to fit the bill on both counts.

It arrived yesterday and I fitted and was excited to try it out yesterday on my 6 mile post sorting office trip...

This mirror doesn't really work for me on my bike...it constantly moved and needed adjusting, even going over the slightest uneven road and it was shaking like crazy and hard to see traffic.

The problem is, like most bicycle mirrors, it needs to be fit into the handlebar end, but the handlebar grips I've fitted on my bike are a bit big for the handlebar (I really like them though and won't change!). The right side grip overhangs due to the small handlebar and gear shift, so the mirror is not even getting into the handlebar it's sitting in the grip. It might be a lot sturdier and less prone to moving in the handlebar and I will have to remove the grip side handlebar grip later and replace with a smaller one to test it out properly. If it is ok I may change my gear shift to a thumb shift to make some room so the grip fits on the handlebar properly. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?

The mirror itself seems very good..it's a decent size, has a good range of movement. You can angle it exactly how you want (vertically or horizontally too), it's a proper flat mirror, not one of those concave ones. It looks professional on the bike and well made, so it's probably a thumbs up from me and good value for money I think, just need to give it a proper test in the handlebar this time.. will report back later!

Last edited:

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Shame, cos it is a smashing mirror. I had to take a Stanley knife and file to mine, as Wisper bars are smaller than usual, and I finally crammed it in with some superglue to keep it there. But it does need a good, firm mount, otherwise the benefits are lost.

A

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
I recently fitted cat eye to my forza , very tight had to do a bit of filing and using a malett and brute force, but got there in there in the end, well worth it and no vibration, doesnt get in way go for it.