Cyclist Cop Dies

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The new dual switch arrived yesterday, but now I'm waiting for waterproof 4:1 self-adhesive marine heat shrink sleeving to be delivered, so I can complete the wiring to enable different modes for each light. Marine heat shrink can be shaped while hot, to set soldered cables into neater curves under the handlebars.

The rear 1800LM light is much more effective than my two flashers + Oxford lollipop + one steady GPS tracker light. Drivers this morning gave me extremely wide berths while passing. It's a very bright rear light, here are some phone camera snaps.

This red rear 1800LM light stands out even more when flashing (I might add more red acetate sheet layers to it)

No lithiumed available :(

I'm pleased with how well the two 1800LM headlights on the handlebars, with the 70 lux light on the fork, illuminate my way:

I usually have the two 1800LM headlights angled down lower. This photo was snapped from slightly downhill:

Undipped:

Last edited:

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Ebiker dies after crash at night

'Loving father' killed in Cardiff crash involving e-bike
Police are appealing for information about the incident

Bit close that, been in Caerphilly road (where the accident was) twice today .......

My elder brother said he recognised the cyclist .............

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Girl, seven, died after cycling into HGV outside Wiltshire home, inquest hears
Lorry traffic is turning picturesque village into ‘wild west’, say residents after death of Eloise Jackson

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Cyclist killed in Bolton hit-and-run named as inquest opens into his death
A police investigation into the collision is still underway

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
For visible phone pests have you tried an air horn? I had a hand bulb type, cheap as chips, and supper would be dished up when I signalled from a mile away.
I've got a Hornit 120bd, and it's got me out of trouble many a time. Also beeping loudly at drivers reduces the feeling of powerlessness when they've passed too close etc. I suffer in silence no longer - I use it to administer driver Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Otherwise they dish out their odious behaviour and drive on, without a second thought.

I've finished splicing in Y junctions, adding cables and soldering in the new dual switch, adding to the other switch. I can now toggle between modes on any of those three 1800LM lights. For night cycling, most of the time I might keep the right front headlight dipped, the left bright and flashing. The red rear 1800LM headlight will be set to flashing all the time, day and night. If there are power cuts, I'll cycle from room to room.

What I need is a cellphone jamming device! Effective "up to 70M".

High Power 8 Antenna 3G,4G(LTE/Wimax)Cell Phone,GPS,WiFi Jammer

It needs to be smaller... :(

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
For visible phone pests have you tried an air horn? I had a hand bulb type, cheap as chips, and supper would be dished up when I signalled from a mile away.
I was wondering if simply beeping my Hornit 120db loudly every few seconds, would be effective in waking up stupid dozy inattentive dangerous drivers texting and swiping away at their phones. I use rechargeables.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Why not? I already wear this type of blinking handy blinker on my back, which comes in handy flashing on the passing corner of the trailer, can be attached to rucksacks etc. It's battery lasts many hours.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I never had any issues with any one, tbh I don't give a ***k about motorists If I want to be visible. We have to put up with their terrible driving and disconcern for other road users.
These cops ignored my one flashing bright 1800LM headlight last week, but they were probably too busy on their way to bust some perps, to stop and shake me down for pumpkins in my bike trailer. I'm hoping two flashing 1800LM headlights will also be ignored by piggy fuzz five ohs.

(Vimeo because it preserves what little quality there is, from my rubbish action camera footage)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
These cops ignored my one flashing bright 1800LM headlight last week, but they were probably too busy on their way to bust some perps, to stop and shake me down for pumpkins in my bike trailer. I'm hoping two flashing 1800LM headlights will also be ignored by piggy fuzz five ohs.

(Vimeo because it preserves what little quality there is, from my rubbish action camera footage)
they really dont care and imo they was on the way to kick someones door down cos they called someone a gollywog on Facebook.

Facebook riot pmsl i went back round in the tank but when i walked to the shop right through that lot the meat wagons was there and they was throwing the little shits in there that they could get hold of like rag dolls and had dog unit as well but the scooters was long gone :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
they really dont care and imo they was on the way to kick someones door down cos they called someone a gollywog on Facebook.

Facebook riot pmsl i went back round in the tank but when i walked to the shop right through that lot the meat wagons was there and they was throwing the little shits in there that they could get hold of like rag dolls and had dog unit as well but the scooters was long gone :D
Sounds like a right sh*thole. You should move.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"He first blamed the cyclists and claimed he was not at fault. Had it not been shown in Mr Mills's camera footage, he might have persisted in this lie."

Downpatrick: Pensioner jailed for causing death of cyclist

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This thread wouldn't be complete, without the addition of this news of inadequate punishment:

Driver who killed cycling policewoman Lynwen Thomas jailed