De-restricting throttle for off-road use. Pro Rider Leisure e-bike

Ianclive

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2016
croydon
Pro Rider Leisure e-bike - How easy is it to modify the speed controller to give 15 mph? I'm handy with a screw-driver and soldering iron. The video on Pro-Rider web site shows it moving at 16 mph - but that was filmed in 2012 before the new EU rules. They are now being sold with a 3 mph limit. I'm new to Pedelec and e-bikes and looking forward to learning more about them from you guy's.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you mean throttle then it may be possible to make adjustments via the lcd if one is fitted though there are so many or it may be a fixed by the controller pcb/programming. Long pressing (5 - 10 sec) one or two buttons together may get you in to the menu set up or advanced set up but may involve trial and error, posting a pic of lcd may help if someone else has a similar screen.

Ianclive

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2016
croydon
If you mean throttle then it may be possible to make adjustments via the lcd if one is fitted though there are so many or it may be a fixed by the controller pcb/programming. Long pressing (5 - 10 sec) one or two buttons together may get you in to the menu set up or advanced set up but may involve trial and error, posting a pic of lcd may help if someone else has a similar screen.
Thank you Nealh, I've not yet bought one (Voyager E-Mountain bike) but wanted to be sure it can be de-restricted before going ahead, a full range throttle is important.

D

Deleted member 4366

They didn'y have LCDs last time I looked, but these things change on a daily basis. Whatever they have now or whoever they,ve restricted it, you can change it by swapping out the controller for one of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/24v36v48v250w350w-controller-display-set-control-panel-lcd-dashboard-for-electric-bike-scooter-moped-mtb-tricycle-scooter/32464390144.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.yjcGg8

These are very nice controllers with 5 levels of PAS (Prorider used to have 3). They work with and without hall sensors and have self-learning for phase and hall detection, so cover just about situation. All the connectors are standard.