deliberate confusion

john a

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2012
I note on this forum - as with others, members have the ability to go back and edit, or even remove posts that others have already replied to. This makes responses - and the general thread look meaningless and disjointed. Great fun if you have nothing better to do (and of childish mentality), but no help to those looking for information/help, and quite rude and disrespectful to the author of the initial post of the thread.

I would also have thought that the purpose of this forum was to provide help & support for all e bike issues, not to pass acerbic personal sneering comments when someone doesn't agree or understand the views or position of another.

Just to make it clear - and thanks to those that have already sent me PMs on the subject - I had an issue with a Powabyke Shopper not being as the seller described, and am hoping a promised refund will materialize. Separately, I had a Powerbyke Innovator - Lithium (Bought New incidentally) stolen a couple of months back, and obviously would like to locate it however slim the chance.

Unfortunate - Unlucky - call it what you will. But generally I am very happy with the Powerbyke brand itself.

Again I am grateful to the PMs already received, but I am interested in possible replacements for either of the above, dependent upon condition and price. I have already replaced the Innovator with an X24 with the assistance of Frank from Powabyke (very helpful guy) - but I miss the Innovator as it was a great workhorse.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The provision to edit or remove a post only lasts for two hours thankfully John, but I agree even that facility can cause confusion.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
It became apparent that last night that myself and others where posting on WRONG thread. I said I was going to remove posts and suggested that others do likewise:confused::rolleyes:

john a

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2012
It became apparent that references to one thread were being made on another, so any posts came as a result of these references - some of which were un-called for.

It would have been better to leave the posts as they were, as now the situation is that two whole threads have been trashed and made somewhat nonsensical, and ended up on a totally different topic to what they were designed to address.

As stated by Flecc, posts cannot be removed now - but they could have been within 2 hours. I was not aware of this, but others obviously were.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
It became apparent that references to one thread were being made on another, so any posts came as a result of these references - some of which were un-called for.

It would have been better to leave the posts as they were, as now the situation is that two whole threads have been trashed and made somewhat nonsensical, and ended up on a totally different topic to what they were designed to address.

As stated by Flecc, posts cannot be removed now - but they could have been within 2 hours. I was not aware of this, but others obviously were.
Sorry. I'm totally confused by this thread. What discussion are we actually referring to here?

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Sorry. I'm totally confused by this thread. What discussion are we actually referring to here?
Yea me too...I think your original thread/query was responded to in detail by a number of posters, if you didn't get the answers you wanted that's tough but no need to have a go at others because of.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Yea me too...I think your original thread/query was responded to in detail by a number of posters, if you didn't get the answers you wanted that's tough but no need to have a go at others because of.
Hmmm. I think I'm going to lay down for a while.

john a

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2012
Here we go again....

Yes, I appreciate the answers given, and the time spent by others in responding to my original post. I was not looking for any particular answer, so I do not regard them as answers I wanted or didn't want. Nothing tough about it :) I am not having a go at anybody who treated the original question in the thread with the respect I believed it deserved.

However, as I state, the original posts descended into something of a farce when someone decided to make comments that were un-called for. These posts were deleted within the time frame allowed by the forum, which then made the thread disjointed, and hard to follow for those that were perhaps not quite up to speed.

Again, thanks to all that have provided suggestions, both regarding the theft issue & the refund issue.