Delivery Services

Genesis750

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2010
Hi. I am loooking to buy a secondhand bike from miles away - anyone know a courier / carrier service for bikes (specifically Manchester to Edinburgh). I could put my son on a train there and back for approx £120. DHL etc maybe?

thanks

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I recall somebody recommending a delivery service off E-bay, try a search on there for courier service or similar......

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
ebay worth a try. quotes around £50 for something like a bike from north of england to scotland. dont think it has to be an ebay item as details re pick up and delivery can be input then you wait for quotes.

regards

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I used one of the ebay services to ship my bike to Greece, it cost a lot less than £120. Only problem is they have a weight limit of 30kg IIRC and an ebike, battery, sundries and packaging can easily go over that, you'll need to get the total weight and ask for a quote.
The bike also needs to be packaged before shipping, if the sender doesn't have a bike box then the train may be the best option.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Try these ebay couriers. you put in the details and wait for bids to come in? first ones tend to be dearer and they will become more competitive. I have just used it and it worked very well (not a bike but a far heavy item)

Courier Services - UK Delivery Service Companies

Genesis750

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2010
thanks

Tried ebay first - two quotes £180 and £220!! hence considering son on train (but he's a student and would have to get up before 1pm so might not work). Will try the paisley guys and just keep at it. I reckon £60-80 is fair if I am not in a hurry.
Thanks

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
Might be worth trying a website called shiply.com.
its a load of couriors that actually bid to pick up the item you want collected as there either passing or working in that area already!
All you need to give is approx sizes & weight etc, ive used them 3 times now with no problems.

jay

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Might be worth trying a website called shiply.com.
its a load of couriors that actually bid to pick up the item you want collected as there either passing or working in that area already!
All you need to give is approx sizes & weight etc, ive used them 3 times now with no problems.

jay
That is the link I quoted above. I found them excellent

You can bring a horse to water but......:p

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
I used Shiply to get a quote for getting my new 2nd hand Wisper from Nottinghamshire to Ayrshire. The one I accepted was from Mark at MCG European Limited ( 01777 869446/07776 350504/mcgtraffic@live.co.uk).From memory the price was around £112. Mark was extremely helpful and I would be happy to use him again. Hope this helps:)