E Throttle V Pedelec Ezeetorq

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Anyone know if there is a difference in an E bike throttle and a Pedelec type throttle.

(3 pin type)

Also would an ecrazeman thumb type throttle work on my ezeetorq.

Cheers

Zebody

D

Deleted member 4366

They should all work, but you might have to do something with the connectors because there's lots of different ones. However, they all have three wires to the hall sensor, which is the bit that does the throttling. Some have LED lights to show the battery charge. If you want the lights to work, you must get the correct voltage one, but the throttle will always work.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Zebody,

Does your existing throttle have a 3 or 5 pin connector and is it just a throttle you require?

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Its a 3 pin throttle I have 2 bikes a Torq 2 pedelec and a 2006 Torq 1the thottle works fine on the Torq 2 but appears to be a problem on the EBike Torq 1 I get 4 sometimes 5 flashes on the controller.
Kind Regards
Zebody

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Thanks for replies, all helpful -I also had excellent help from the ezee technical man in Shanghi KK. Considering my old ezee is getting on for 5 years old I was pleasantly surprised of the good service from ezee.

In the end I put on a new controller that I had, and did a complete rewire.

I picked up the original type connectors and solderless pins from Farnells in Leeds, they can be wired without the crimper £300 but it is fiddly. (Got the help of my wife’s nimble digits)
The bike now goes like stink 20mph+ if you dare on today’s awful road surfaces.
Went for a ride on my ezee torq 2 with wife on the rewired ezee torq 1, treat her to 1/2 pint and bag of crisps at a pub on our outing for her help :). (Also gave her the bike)

Cheers

Zebody