Ebike life

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
did they post ur bomb or have to pick it up?
Feeling a bit slow this morning; it took me a few moments to interpret that, I assumed I must have made a typo in my post and you were (sensibly) taking the ****.

Yes, they posted the bomb inclusive in the price.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Halfrauds are there to make money so there suggestion is typical of a shop who operate in the world of throw away consumer goods, it doesn't have skilled staff to carry out simple bike repairs, a lot of us on here would put them to shame and p**s all ove rthere so called bike mechanic experts.

Any hub bike out of warranty that needs repair cna be done so often for not too much money. Rip out the crappy speed control often from Lishui brand or a no name brand wher one simply can't buy the spares , fit a KT system and one is likely away and gone if the hub has no Hall issues.
Battery wise any generic battery from ebay can be used at a cost of < £200 and far cheaper then the expensive in shop offers from Halfrauds and the like.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
90% of Brose motor issues are caused by water ingress? :oops:

I bet some of the mid-drive waterproofing magic Performance Balls refers to, involves silicone sealant - certainly does on my mid-motor. Works a treat.

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I'm a little curious how long everyone's ebikes have been in use. Is an ebike an item that can be replaced for a long time?
Two measures of life: age and mileage.

My Shimano E5000 mid-drive is 2 years and 9 months old, running as sweet as day 1, with 24,550km/15,255 miles on the clock.

I use several batteries with it, but I estimate the battery supplied with it has done about 4,000 miles, and has 87% of original capacity.

Mechanically I have replaced almost everything except the frame.
Electrically, just one speed sensor replacement.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240414_191452[1].jpg
bigger bearings have bigger balls peter is also now the uk brose warranty provider but if you want it warter tight from new his is about 300 quid :p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the only mid drive motor made that was meant to be serviced and all parts available to buy are the og yamaha motors.

like everything these days they have gone down the apple road making it near impossible to fix because they wont sell the parts not even bearings all the kits that peter sells he has had custom made and 1000 of each bearing per order so that gets expensive fast and when u get tosers like shitmano software bricking motors because they can detect if been tampered with and cost him a fortune and why they wont touch any shitmano motor ever again.