Electric Bike Vlog - Part 1 is up!

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice part of your commute, no traffic.... whats the rest like?

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I've got perhaps 2 miles out of 10 on the road, and a further 2 on paved off the road cycle paths (housing estate type ones). Really its 80% off road.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I dont start talking until after the motorway bridge... er, aside from squirrel spotting.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Sorted!. I recently downloaded a 64bit beta version of Flash Player for Windows 7. It's been causing all sorts of problems with videos, so I have uninstalled it and restored to an earlier date. The Video is now playing just fine. Most enjoyable.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
No, we onlt have the grey American usurper squirrels which i am meant to hate, but cant quite when i see them harmlessly going about their woodland business.:)

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
That's an amazing ride in to work, I'm very jealous. A car pulled out in front of me on my way on to work this morning causing me to lock my rear wheel and skid to a halt. I'd swap that for birds chirping and the sun peeking through the trees any day of the week!

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Hello StreetH.

Nice film - and commentary (well, most of it!)

Interesting how the automatic aperture problem persists even in your top camera - bright sky, black roads - in a similar way to the 13 quid ones.

Wind noise: find where the mike hole is, and stick a baffle over it. Cotton wool might do, or 'fur', or foam (think of TV sound recording kit - big furry covers on mikes). It shouldn't affect your speech, but it'll cut out some of that annoying wind which makes it sound as if you're doing 80mph.

Dirty Old Town - I knew the bloke who wrote it. He used to tell a tale about another of his, Shoals of Herring, and some Irish geezer who argued black was white that it was actually Shores of Erin, a traditional Oirish song he'd learned at his grannie's knee.

Your commute is definitely A Hit, and I look forward to the traffic (I love traffic)...

Allen.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Thanks all.

Allen, im using an external microphone, inside the chin-bar of my full face DH helmet (yes, it looks stupid on the Aurora!). Occasionally the wind blows into it. I've actually taped over the internal pinhole mic as it was next to useless even without wind.

I didnt expect the internal mic to be any good, but i'm quite disappointed with the £20 external one. Thinking i might buy one of these which has a foam cover. Finding suitable foam for the one i have seems to be next to impossible.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
For those prices (on the mikes, that is), you can afford to suck it and see (hear). Similarly the 'foam' part - it definitely needs something to baffle it, as the lightest breeze can sound like a gale, can't it?

Scientific instruments (and in the olden days mikes themselves) used to come in boxes with flat sheets of foam; if it was me, I'd find a sheet, cut it and fix it with rubber bands or similar until you find an acceptable answer, then maybe glue or tape for a prettier finish.

If I can recall where I've seen tubes of foam (and I'm sure I have!) I'll come back to you.

Allen