Electric bike wanted

Oli Hill Artist

Just Joined
Oct 10, 2015
I'm looking to purchase my first electric bike. I'm based in Wales currently in the Pembrokeshire area, so would need to be local or courier-optional. Anything around the £200 - £300 mark would be of interest. I figured, it doesn't need to be super expensive or fancy for the first one. If I like them, I'll expect to buy another I'm sure :)

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Sorry, that budget is too low, unless you are very, very fortunate and happen upon a second hand bargain.

The problem with second hand is the cost of a replacement battery. £300-800 is common.

The only other option is an old powabyke with SLA batteries, but really, you'd be throwing good money after bad.

Last edited:

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
I'm looking to purchase my first electric bike. I'm based in Wales currently in the Pembrokeshire area, so would need to be local or courier-optional. Anything around the £200 - £300 mark would be of interest. I figured, it doesn't need to be super expensive or fancy for the first one. If I like them, I'll expect to buy another I'm sure :)
Best of luck finding something for that money.
You'd be pushed finding a decent non powered bike at that price!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you got 300 to waste just send the dough to me instead, seems silly to buy a cheapo bike that won't get you up a severe incline or even small hill, visit an e bike retailer and test ride a few to get a feeling for them and put your 300 towards something much better. On this forum there is a Big bear for sale circa 600 is the asking price (open to sensible offers) that would be a good decent first e- bike.
Some think e bikes are expensive however remove the battery price from a lot of bikes and then its a different story as with the bike above thre battey new is 300.