Elmoto - not a pedelc but looks cool...

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Elmoto Electric Bike | Motorcycle | Car

Anyone seen these before? I know its not a pedelec but still, how cool is that!

I read bike and was looking for the peddles :rolleyes:

I love the design and looks like they go a reasonable pace. Would be classed as a moped over here - except for the lack of indicators...

Very exciting to see the pace of change with light electric vehicles.

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
I'm with you. I like the look of that. I think the choice of tyre is somewhat at odds with the rest of the design, as it looks like it would be in it's element off-road. That could of course be entirely wrong :D

Clarkey

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2009
I like the fact that it is an honest moped rather than a souped-up pedelec trying to wheedle around the law. Looks like a lot of fun - I wonder what the price will be if it ever gets here?

I think they are saying a 30mph top speed and a 40 mile range which seems quite decent to me. Looks like an endearingly simple machine too.

Last edited:

PowaStation

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Elmoto HR-2 'E-Moped'

We are looking into the possibility of stocking the Elmoto HR-2.

It is classified as a moped within the UK and requires registration. The good news is it's tax free and produces no emissions. It only requires a regular car licence too.

Spec:
Top Speed: 28 mph (restricted)
Range: 45 miles
Battery: 48 V / 25 Ah Lithium Ion
Motor: 1.7 KW rear brushless motor
Brakes: Magura hydraulic discs
Front forks: Marzocchi 888 (170 mm)
Rear Suspension: Double oil-spring (140 mm)

The tyres were chosen to retain road performance. They are looking at an off-road version for next winter.

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
We are looking into the possibility of stocking the Elmoto HR-2.

It is classified as a moped within the UK and requires registration. The good news is it's tax free and produces no emissions. It only requires a regular car licence too.

Spec:
Top Speed: 28 mph (restricted)
Range: 45 miles
Battery: 48 V / 25 Ah Lithium Ion
Motor: 1.7 KW rear brushless motor
Brakes: Magura hydraulic discs
Front forks: Marzocchi 888 (170 mm)
Rear Suspension: Double oil-spring (140 mm)

The tyres were chosen to retain road performance. They are looking at an off-road version for next winter.
Any indication of price? (I doubt I could afford one mind you!)

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Indeed, you can get what is colloquially known as a 'daylight MoT'. It has no official existence, but simply notes the lack of lights, which are not compulsory. If fitted, they must work, of course.

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
I'm not au fait with insurance requirements for mopeds. Presumably this is required - what sort of cost is this?

The GBP price, converted from USD, would be £3,651.92. That said, import duties, carriage costs and exchange fluctuations would be likely to increase that.