eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
One of my mates mucking about on his Levo.

Sadly not ebike related, but I did spend pleasant few hours out on the Ultra 1964 today, to complete more trail building work.
I'm also trying to perfect my alpine turns, and using the pedal bike rather than the ebike, seems to make things much easier. The one annoying aspect of todays ride was that I could have done with my shock pump.

Ebike related..

I made zero effort to make this look neat or tidy, as I have another use on the next bike for it, and it could be wrapped around the battery rather than the frame as well, but I have come across a 'tight wad' version of a neoprene battery cover, or Levo owners battery/frame cover.

All for the hefty price of £2.49 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231653722930?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any joking aside, on something like the Levo, this could actually prove a neat and tidy solution for protecting the battery area. Two of them would be ideal, and they can be cut to length, so could be made to look very tidy.
Cheers for the heads up on the cover .. cheap and like you say covers up things

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
There are plenty of those signs around here.
I would leave them alone.
There's an MoD anti fraud squad that watches eBay and has been know to visit sellers armed with a few questions.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Don't worry Dave, I had no intention of taking them. :)

Not least because they are all by public footpaths and bridleways, and I'd hate for any unsuspecting person to venture in without knowing what was there.

Cheers for the heads up on the cover .. cheap and like you say covers up things
It won't make the neatest of solutions, so please bear that in mind. I only bought one, as I want to make a form of neoguard that isn't available for something.

Reactions: Sarabee

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Alright, today I found the time to begin project Fatsix Refurbish! So, I have here the first part:

Haibike - Fatsno hub in truing stand.jpg

:) actually this is the only new part of my rear wheel, the Hope Pro4 Fatsno hub. But... I have cleansed the other parts just now for reusing them and will start rebuilding the wheel tomorrow. I'm hoping for a test ride later this week!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
did you jump it off a cliff lol :confused:

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
Don't worry Dave, I had no intention of taking them. :)

Not least because they are all by public footpaths and bridleways, and I'd hate for any unsuspecting person to venture in without knowing what was there.

It won't make the neatest of solutions, so please bear that in mind. I only bought one, as I want to make a form of neoguard that isn't available for something.

for the price will give it a go and can always just shape and make a more custom one at some point

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
DSC_0378.JPG

Just came back from my longest ride so far. And first ever spring ride. 20 miles. Bear in mind I'm a newbie to cycling.

I put together some shorter runs from previous trips. I wanted to follow the river shuttle from Sidcup though Bexley where it joins the river Cray at Bexley. Then follow the Cray to erith marshes and the Thames then hopefully find an off road route to the Dartford Bridge housing development.

This involved parks footpaths and byways. Getting off and walking across some major roads and a handful of gates to lift over. Round the back of disused business estates and along railway.

Slow.going and a bit of exploring and back tracking. I was out about 2 hours 15 Mins. Very happy that I only used normal power setting.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Finished wheel building! Worked really ok with my new truing stand from Aliexpress :) even for these wheels, if you just turned one thing.

Haibike - Wheel truing.jpg

Really nice when light shines through the holes...

P1000997-Edit-2.jpg

It was a pleasure building fatbike wheels, the method felt extra clear, sort of. Finished here, just the boring part left. Truing. But it went quite ok also.

P1010075-Edit.jpg

So tomorrow I'll finish everything else and have a test ride!

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
IR772 and I met up for a trip to the F of Dean yesterday and what a day to choose! Temps up to 17c and bright sunny blue sky. Fabulous. Not many others to clog up the trails either. 1st lap of the Venderers was taken at a leisurely pace as IR772 hadn't had much experience on these kind of trails. After a quick snack it was on to the Launchpad where I was going to attempt a PB because of the dry conditions. Didn't go to plan as early into the run I dropped the camera. Shame, as I think I would have improved my time by 10 - 15 seconds with those perfect conditions.
We then did the Venderers again and IR772 had more confidence this time, plus the new tyres on his bike were transforming the handling. Having a go on his bike showed a vastly improved ride over the way it was at Hopton. A great run at much higher speeds than the 1st time round.
A great day Mr Bish. I hope to do it again soon?
mark f of d.2PNG.PNG
mark launchpad.PNG
IR772 on the Venderers (1st photo) and The Launchpad.
A 10 second clip shot by IR772 of me at the Forest of Dean yesterday..
That part of the trail is quite steep but it looks like I'm having a leisurely ride!

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
What Chris didn't say is that one section was so fast and rough that the can of Coke in my bike bag burst. This is the section Chris goes down like a greased pig, there is no catching him downhill, he is possessed. It was so rough I had to slow down as I could not keep my feet on the pedals.

The hard nine with proper tyres is transformed, my new elbow guards worked perfectly when I needed it, I always fall on my right elbow.

There are no loose bolts on either bike as we would shaken them right off.

Really enjoyed the facility very impressive set up, dry trails with sun on our back made it even better. Great day with great company again.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
So today I finally finished rebuilding my fatbike. New rear wheel hub, new steering bar and stem. New crank arms. Also fork serviced.

P1010081.jpg

P1010078.jpg

Took it for a tuning/test ride. Brought some tools (turned out I needed only fork pump but you never know).

This free passenger was really bothersome, dead stop right in the hill.

Note I have also attached steering bar bag here, Jones H-bar is almost made for that, really great!

IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Rare even in Herefordshire, a Turnip Tump!
Great pic.

[Chorus] Where be that Blackbird to? I know where he be,
He be up yon Wurzel tree, And I be after he!
Now I sees he, And he sees I,
Buggered if I don’t get ‘en
With a gurt big stick I’ll knock ‘im down
Blackbird I’ll ‘ave he!
La la la la la la
La la la la la la
‘Ow’s ‘E Father?
Alright! :D

There's a lot of Swedes on this page now. Boom, boom. I loved your write up on your day out at the Forest of Dean. Nice of you to turnip. :D

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Steve A and IR772

Related Articles

Advertisers