eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Geome

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
UK
Hi Geome
The bike is fab, I have the fs500 with the yamaha drive, the only problem that I have with the bike is I just can keep off it,
But I do have a small problem, I get a small amount of condensation under the glass on the screen, but I have not spoken to the shop yet about it, I just hope they will sort it out under the warranty.
Hi Steve thank you for the info on the bike sounds good I just need to decide which to buy. Regards George

Reactions: LeighPing

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Damn it, I had a photo of you (I assume you were the only Nduro Downhill?)but it was a bit too blurred. You should have posted you were racing so we could have given you some support. A brilliant write up Mike and interesting to see you had nerves before the race. I was the same before every moto x race I had and I'm sure I'd have been the same if I'd entered this one too. We went to the race tent to enquire about the next event and the girl looked at my wife as though she's mad (wife is mid 60's btw). Red rag to a bull. If we're in the next one the only reason we wouldn't finish last would be that someone had crashed out! But as you say, everyone should have a go at least once.
Hope to see you at a future event.

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
Damn it, I had a photo of you (I assume you were the only Nduro Downhill?)but it was a bit too blurred. You should have posted you were racing so we could have given you some support. A brilliant write up Mike and interesting to see you had nerves before the race. I was the same before every moto x race I had and I'm sure I'd have been the same if I'd entered this one too. We went to the race tent to enquire about the next event and the girl looked at my wife as though she's mad (wife is mid 60's btw). Red rag to a bull. If we're in the next one the only reason we wouldn't finish last would be that someone had crashed out! But as you say, everyone should have a go at least once.
Hope to see you at a future event.
Chris, do it dude. The thing I enjoyed about this event was the fact that it was relaxed enough between stages - friends who have done full on enduros said that this was a lot better and more fun, not having to stand on the pedals all the time for 4 hours plus can (they claim) get tedious. Great as enduro's are, they all said that this was pitched just right for the fun element. Got to say I agree, it was a fantastic day and although I'm not wired to loose (even tiddlywinks or cards....), I have to admit that taking part and having the crack with everyone else made the day - there was a good sense of camaraderieship between us all, and the few newbies of us were made to feel welcome (there were 2 others in the E-Bike class that were also novice bib wearers).

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
did you do it with a dongle?

• :D
I'll delete this later so as not to derail the thread.

MRO, now that is pretty impressive. I was only a very consistant mid field finisher at club level. I just used to battle with one of my mates, and he would win one, I would win one. We would spend most of the season nudging each other off the circuit and onto the grass! :D I also recall doing the walk off shame up into race control, to face Dave Stewart. Not a good thing to be doing! :D

I also started on an RGV250. Mine was an M model, which was standard and reliable, then I dabbled with tuning it by fitting a home made ram air system and running it on an Avgas mix. It soon became a grenade after that!

I've had three TZ250's plus a TZ125 and the best of the lot, my RS250.
I have never ridden a bike that demanded so much, but was forgiving unless in the wrong gear, and also handled as though it was on rails. The TZ's were crap by comparison.
One of the TZ's I can't remeber which model, had a repution of throwing every single previous owner off, and no one ever figured out why. It threw me off in front of Rob Elsmere on apractice day, just as we were starting to have fun. I sold it that very day in the pits, in a very poor state of repair. It then threw the next two owners as well, and as far as I know it was then scrapped.

The one bike that I wished that I still owned. My TZ250 3TC1

This was one of the saddest days of my life, and also the day that I threw it all in. The memorial ride for my best mates son.

Delete this too in due course if you can please!
I just wanted to say I share your love of a motul 2 stroke mix in the air. I also had tzr250s an rgv 250 and a kr1s. Thems the days, cheap thrills!
Your bikes look far cleaner than mine were! Great to see them and a snap of brands, love the little Indy circuit :)

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Brokenphone.jpg

A little blast in the local woods today and it seems just my phone came off worse for wear :(
Hopefully helicopter tape will hold it together until I get a replacement.
Anyway, the incident in about half way through the clip when this tree got in the way.
;)

Reactions: chris130256

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id get some mtb gloves and them bars are tiny lol mines like a mile wide ;)

id get some mtb gloves and them bars are tiny lol mines like a mile wide ;)
yeh, stupidly my gloves were in my pocket. Wish they'd been on top of my phone!
Those bars have been cut down twice, perhaps too much the second time, but they are ideal for through there with the tight tree gaps.

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

How fast you going? Looks about 100mph in places!
Haha, not sure, probably about 25-30 on the faster downhill bits. On the camera it looks like I hit warp speed moments before I met the tree, I think the wide angle cameras make it looker quicker than it actually is. Glad I managed to scrub off speed as much as I did before impact with the tree though!
Although it still works, my phone took the brunt of my impact and is looking pretty knackered. A bit like the old metal cigarette boxes in the war that would save a man from a bullet! ;)

Reactions: chris130256

Related Articles

Advertisers