Enthusiastic and fustrated uk biker

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if you want warranty then you will have to pay for it. id not like to see what the postage is back to china as i bet its more than its worth tbh.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike
D

Deleted member 4366

Hi all discounted the paypal idea as the user agreement states but does not define the following "If the seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you did not receive the goods." Thanks anyway
What do you expect? You can't claim for non-delivery if you signed for the goods! ... or are you expecting your next door neighbour to break into you house, forge your signature and steal your motor?

That same rule applies to Aliexpress escrow and any UK supplier. It's up to the supplier to prove that the goods were delivered to your address, not for you to prove that they weren't. They always send by tracked services, so there's a record at every point of movement. These guys are not trying to crook you. they're honest traders, more likely crooked by devious buyers. If you've ever traded on ebay, you'd be surprised by what they try. I even had a guy from this forum try to cheat me.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Deanosaurus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2017
Uk
Maybe im paranoid but they sound like an intermediary with no stock? Maybe I am to worried about a forged dhl doc and signature. Think i will ring luna cycles in the usa and see what they have to say about it all. Just do not want to lose over a grand.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
D

Deleted member 4366

Maybe im paranoid but they sound like an intermediary with no stock? Maybe I am to worried about a forged dhl doc and signature. Think i will ring luna cycles in the usa and see what they have to say about it all. Just do not want to lose over a grand.
You'll get done fot the full duty for anything from USA. There's a fair chance that you'll pay nothing from Hong Kong.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I thought it was pretty darn reasonable price, from a reputable UK outlet with a high chance of good aftercare service?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Not being funny, but they've got the BBS02 at £509, whereas Eclipse retail it at £395. If Eclipse sold the HD, I would expect the price difference to be similar.

That's a lot of extra notes for basically the same product, seller reputation, warranty and aftercare.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
What a pointless exercise! What would you expect a real scammer to say? They certainly aren't going to tell you anything other than what you want to hear. I'm being blunt here, I know, but if you called me as a retailer to discuss the possibility of me scamming you, I'd tell you to "do one". As a marketplace seller, I find that the buyers that want to discuss such matters before a sale will usually end up claiming 'item not received' a few days after the order has been dispatched.

Take the advice already given as it's sound. If you want to order goods from China, you won't get better service than EM3EV.

Last edited:
Not being funny, but they've got the BBS02 at £509, whereas Eclipse retail it at £395. If Eclipse sold the HD, I would expect the price difference to be similar.

That's a lot of extra notes for basically the same product, seller reputation, warranty and aftercare.
No amusement taken. ;)
I only had a quick look before and didn't tinker with the drop down box so thought they were somehow managing to offer BBSHD for £439. You said your eyes were watering, my eyes are now like Niagara Falls having clocked the £715 price tag.
I'm with you now.
I've used Eclipse in the past and recommended them to people on a number of occasions. Support was forthcoming but frustratingly slow, mainly owing to the lack of phone number and slow response to emails.
The website does state the below so I guess that addresses the point and is fair dos as far as I'm concerned.

"We are able to offer very competitive prices for our products only by maintaining a small customer service department. We aim to respond to email queries within 7 days or earlier, depending on the volume of queries. If you have a product query please refer initially to the product listing page or frequently asked questions (FAQ) page".

They sure are competitive prices

Reactions: Fordulike

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Cheap price, good service, fast delivery - choose the two that matter to you, since you can never have all three at once.