Facebook group ebike smile emtb community

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Is there such a thing as good facebookers??..hmm....never been on there myself..tempted sometimes though...

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Just joined looks a good group for Facebookers
Facebook.. I can never work out why people gets lots of 'likes' for a still pic, but often zero likes for an informative video. Then there's the fb admins who assume that they're the referee of all things. They have a tendency to lock and close threads that are being robustly discussed. I confront them when they do that and often get banned from the page for it.

To be fair, if you can't have a civil discussion or your own point of view, I'm more than happy for them to do that.

On the page in question, I replied to an angry Doctor, who qualified himself legally because his bro was a QC. He was laying down the law on dongles and the fixie incident tenuous link. Or should that be fixie incident 'no link' whatsoever to ebikes? I informed him that his bro would tell him that each case is different. Anticipating the debate, the admin locked the discussion. No reason was given!

I got kicked out of the bikejoring UK private group page for having an opinion that went against the opinion of the young admin girl, who honestly believed that everything she came up with was right by virtue of her appointment. So I set up the bikejor UK public group page, much to their disgruntlement. There, you can have your own opinion, right or wrong, without issue.

Generally speaking though, many facebook pages often have a gulag mentality and many admins are a bit too power crazy and trigger happy. They often have rules for rules and if they don't, they make some up to fit. Other than that, it's great for live stuff. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i got my account banned buy a charity shop as they did not like the truth pmsl.;)

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Keith brown

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2016
Leeds
Facebook.. I can never work out why people gets lots of 'likes' for a still pic, but often zero likes for an informative video. Then there's the fb admins who assume that they're the referee of all things. They have a tendency to lock and close threads that are being robustly discussed. I confront them when they do that and often get banned from the page for it.

To be fair, if you can't have a civil discussion or your own point of view, I'm more than happy for them to do that.

On the page in question, I replied to an angry Doctor, who qualified himself legally because his bro was a QC. He was laying down the law on dongles and the fixie incident tenuous link. Or should that be fixie incident 'no link' whatsoever to ebikes? I informed him that his bro would tell him that each case is different. Anticipating the debate, the admin locked the discussion. No reason was given!

I got kicked out of the bikejoring UK private group page for having an opinion that went against the opinion of the young admin girl, who honestly believed that everything she came up with was right by virtue of her appointment. So I set up the bikejor UK public group page, much to their disgruntlement. There, you can have your own opinion, right or wrong, without issue.

Generally speaking though, many facebook pages often have a gulag mentality and many admins are a bit too power crazy and trigger happy. They often have rules for rules and if they don't, they make some up to fit. Other than that, it's great for live stuff. :)

They just don't want dongles bringing up as its obvious a lot of ebikers use them and 99%of them use them illegally common sense really

• Informative

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
They just don't want dongles bringing up as its obvious a lot of ebikers use them and 99%of them use them illegally common sense really
You see, that's what I have a problem with. Being restricted in discussion matter and topic. It makes the place a kindergarten. :rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
every bike kit on ebay you can buy is illegal i doubt i could even find one that was not because you can remove the speed limit on all of them.

• Informative

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
Is there such a thing as good facebookers??..hmm....never been on there myself..tempted sometimes though...
Don't do it. Have some self respect. Zuckerberg and his company are creepy as hell. You are the product. They sell data about you and your habits to advertisers and track your movements around the internet. Do you want Mark Zuckerberg to be your pimp?

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't do any of the find a friend online facie stuff or do any twitting etc, etc. A part from a presence on here, occasionally strava and 2 or 3 other forum bits limit my profile exposure as little as I can.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
banned dont like dongles and cant post about them so they can keep there dictatorship to them self's ;)

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i don really bother with fb groups tbh as the mods always on a power trip cant swear ect ect ect if they want help they will just have to come here ;)

• Agree

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
SW, you will find that the following fb group could be more in keeping for you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/740372989445615/

No, he wouldn't like it there too much Ed. It's heavily policed under UK law. Or the interpretation of such by admins. His post would be removed if, for example, he mentioned the use of a throttle or dongle. Therefore, unlike this place, it's not a forum for free speech.

Funnily enough, if they're applying UK law, they don't seem to police the selling of numerous illegal bikes there. :rolleyes:

Related Articles

Advertisers