Fiamma bike carriers

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Recently, I replaced the original wheel rails on my Fiamma Carry-Bike Pro model with ebike-specific ones which Fiamma has now made available.

The difference, apart from a more robust construction, is that each rail now has a limit of 30Kgs rather than the 15Kgs of the originals. The overall weight permitted is unchanged at 65Kgs but as I'm unlikely ever to carry more than two bikes, it suits my needs, freeing up valuable garage space in my motorhome.

I think Fiamma should be applauded for addressing the need for stronger carriers required by ebikes.

Tom

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Tom, I agree a more sturdy version is required.

I have the standard one, it works but wil a fair amount of flex.
Mine is fitted to the rear door of my Fiat based camper.

Not sure if the rack or the door will fail first.

Pete Pillinger

Just Joined
Jul 24, 2014
We recently had our whole rack fall off complete with two electric bikes - while the rack has a 60kg limit the manufacturer now tells me that they specify a 40kg max including the carrier. Our bikes are each 18kg........
The rack was held on by four brackets each with three one inch screws

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The rack was held on by four brackets each with three one inch screws
Mine is fitted with substantial nuts and bolts as are all the other ones I have seen. I checked it out on other trucks before purchasing mine from the main dealer who fitted it for me.

Given that I have seen lots of Fiamma carriers with 4 bikes attached, I'm surprised that yours failed with two 18kg bikes on board but 1" screws are not the standard fasteners for the Carry Bike Pro model. The exploded diagram available on the internet depicts the correct fittings if yours is indeed the same as mine.

http://www.fiamma.com/download/installation/98690-215_revS.pdf

Tom