Fildo T1 Cargo

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I am no good at fixing things, so would it be hard to find someone to do repairs, I'm from Chelmsford, Essex.
Do Electrochains have a physical shop? I can only see a mailing address on their website, not an address where you could take your bike for service. If they are as they claim authorised retailers, Fiido don't show them on their website.

Bicycleland have an actual store in East London, and ARE approved Fiido sellers and bike fixers/servicers:
Electric Bike, Fiido eBike, ADO Bike, HIMO Z20 Electric Bike UK (bicycleland.co.uk)

Be aware, there is a T1 Lite, and a also regular T1 with a strengthened frame. AFAIK, both T1s have a 750w motor, which isn't UK street legal (if that matters to you).

RadPower also do a range of Cargo/Utility bikes that may also suit your needs:
Electric Cargo Bikes | Ecargo Bikes I Delivery Ebikes (radpowerbikes.co.uk)
Rad also have places in London where you can test-ride, and have your bike fixed/serviced.

Deadeye

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2020
Do Electrochains have a physical shop? I can only see a mailing address on their website, not an address where you could take your bike for service. If they are as they claim authorised retailers, Fiido don't show them on their website.

Bicycleland have an actual store in East London, and ARE approved Fiido sellers and bike fixers/servicers:
Electric Bike, Fiido eBike, ADO Bike, HIMO Z20 Electric Bike UK (bicycleland.co.uk)

Be aware, there is a T1 Lite, and a also regular T1 with a strengthened frame. AFAIK, both T1s have a 750w motor, which isn't UK street legal (if that matters to you).

RadPower also do a range of Cargo/Utility bikes that may also suit your needs:
Electric Cargo Bikes | Ecargo Bikes I Delivery Ebikes (radpowerbikes.co.uk)
Rad also have places in London where you can test-ride, and have your bike fixed/serviced.
Thanks for you information and advice. I will look into the seller you mentioned. I heard of Rad cargo bikes. I did compare then with Fiido before. Before I couldn't find a UK seller for Rad bikes. I haven't got a clue about Electrochains.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Thanks for you information and advice. I will look into the seller you mentioned. I heard of Rad cargo bikes. I did compare then with Fiido before. Before I couldn't find a UK seller for Rad bikes. I haven't got a clue about Electrochains.
Both Rad and Fiido predominantly sell direct to consumer, which helps keep their e-bike prices below where they would otherwise be. They both have their own websites where you can order for delivery to your door. Fiido hold their own stock in the UK, and AFAIK Rad ship in from Europe. In both cases, delivery is usually only a few days away.

Both websites show where their respective UK service partners are for repairs and servicing if you need physical help with problems and repairs, although (as far as Fiido is concerned) they have knowledgeable email support with help and parts supplied if you want to tackle repairs yourself - a lot is fairly easy with YouTube tutorials. I'm sure Rad offer a similar service. For many that's often an easier option than lugging a heavy problematic e-bike across town to a repair shop, but the workshops/service partners are there if you need them.

Deadeye

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2020
Both Rad and Fiido predominantly sell direct to consumer, which helps keep their e-bike prices below where they would otherwise be. They both have their own websites where you can order for delivery to your door. Fiido hold their own stock in the UK, and AFAIK Rad ship in from Europe. In both cases, delivery is usually only a few days away.

Both websites show where their respective UK service partners are for repairs and servicing if you need physical help with problems and repairs, although (as far as Fiido is concerned) they have knowledgeable email support with help and parts supplied if you want to tackle repairs yourself - a lot is fairly easy with YouTube tutorials. I'm sure Rad offer a similar service. For many that's often an easier option than lugging a heavy problematic e-bike across town to a repair shop, but the workshops/service partners are there if you need them.
Most of what you said confirms why I prefer Fiido, also Fiido is located a bit nearer if I needed to bring it in for repair. I haven't got tools, skills or patience to fix an e-bike, for example my newish expensive e-scooter sits here broken for a year now, I don't know what to do with it. Everything is easy when you know how, or feel confident with tinkering. I tinkered with my e-scooter and it is more broken than when I started.

Reactions: Mark *