First E-Bike

Rejectgamer

Just Joined
May 9, 2020
I want to start riding again due to low fitness and gaining weight (5"11 - 260LBS) and have issues with my leg so I thought an e-bike would be perfect for my situation but I can't break the bank for it,
Currently, I have whittled it down to
ANCHEER 2019 Upgraded Electric Mountain Bike (amazon) £709
Basis Hunter (Ebikes direct) £799
Samebike MY-SM26 £686

Does anybody have any other suggestions as I have no clue what's good?

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
What about a Whoosh Big Bear Plus? A little more expensive but you would have support after your purchase. It is a well proven bike and I guess would be perfect for your needs

Reactions: sjpt

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
don't wait too long though.
Like most bike shops, my stock is dwindling fast and re-supplies only leave Shanghai starting from this week, so new stock won't be ready for 8 weeks.

I have just pulled the Woosh Crusa from the online shop today. The week before, the Santana3 sold out, the week before that, the Woosh Camino, the week before that, the Woosh Petite and the week before that, the woosh Rambla.

Reactions: IwanEllis

Poolepete

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2018
Poole
Looks a nice bike but not sure over 1k is right at the moment due to making little being stuck at home.
Being a very happy ebiker over the last couple of years I can reassure you that you won't be wasting your money IF you get the right bike with the right back up and heritage. It will change your life...

Reactions: robert44

IwanEllis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 14, 2019
don't wait too long though.
Like most bike shops, my stock is dwindling fast and re-supplies only leave Shanghai starting from this week, so new stock won't be ready for 8 weeks.

I have just pulled the Woosh Crusa from the online shop today. The week before, the Santana3 sold out, the week before that, the Woosh Camino, the week before that, the Woosh Petite and the week before that, the woosh Rambla.

I've just found that out ordered end April, not expected until end June. Gutted

Not from Whoosh BTW. From on Wisper, although customer service has been excellent!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Ti
I've just found that out ordered end April, not expected until end June. Gutted

Not from Whoosh BTW. From on Wisper, although customer service has been excellent!
Times are busy for some retailers as is building new stock to keep up with demand, building within the EU to overcome anti dumping tax from ebikes via China all instigated by the likes of Bosch and other German makes.

Reactions: IwanEllis

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi found myself in exact same boat, luckily this was in February so bought a second hand Gtech and began my ebike adventures. 40 years at least since owning a old bone shaker stuck in 3rd gear, anyway you sharp build rider confidence and the assistance from the motor makes the experience a pleasurable one. Begin with smaller rides and build up slowly, I'm sure you'll love getting out and about these bikes just make you smile. DO NOT rush into buying one without trying as many as possible, bike stores are reopening so book some test rides. Mine was a mtb but quickly realised I preferred a more road oriented hybrid type and have plummed for the woosh faro. Nearly 6 weeks without an ebike is killing me as I now borrow soninlaws road and mtb (non electric) much prefer the road bike, but unassisted bike rides are Hard work. Pulling out for the bike type suitable for you will pay off in the end as I'm guessing many buy, try, then desire a change fairly quickly. Sorry about lengthy post but do get yourself one it's exercise you'll actually enjoy doing and how rare is that.