First Impressions

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Took my new Kalkhoff Agattu out for its first reasonable ride today, my better half (Dawn) took her new Raleigh Dover. Distance 6 miles, which is nothing really, but its a start.

There are NO flat sections of road where i live, its always been either slogging up hills or flying down them. I have a circular route that's just over 6 miles and every year i use this to gauge my fitness (or lack of it)
This route contains 3 testing hills, i used to manage all 3 (just) but for the last 2 years one hill has defeated me, Dawn used to get off at all 3.

What a difference the Pedelecs made, we both flew up all three, very windy so not that comfortable in the cross winds, but head winds no problem.

These bikes are an absolute delight.

Roll on finer weather so we can really get out and about and put them to a proper test.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Roll on finer weather so we can really get out and about and put them to a proper test.
Amen to that....This winter has been the pits:rolleyes:

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
What a difference the Pedelecs made, we both flew up all three, very windy so not that comfortable in the cross winds, but head winds no problem.
Just wait 'till you overtake other cyclists going up hill. 'Tis a pleasure to be sure.;)

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Agreed, feeling like the Lance Armstrong of the Manchester cycle commute IS fun, although i do feel a bit guilty as my panniers and the dark nights and rush hour traffic noise completely hide my assistance.

Next week is going to be rough, back to un-assisted hybrid riding. The Cyclamatic goes back to my dad tomorrow, and i have to wait a week or two to order myself an Aurora.

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
Another Aurora convert.

Alex
Yes, we'll soon have our own little army. I've just been out for a spin on mine to test it against the strong winds. Result? My Aurora has defeated all four wind gods Boreas, Zephyrus, Eurus, and Notus :p Unfortunately the rain god Tlaloc defeated me as I didn't have my waterproofs on :( Oh well.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Oh i'm a Cyclamatic convert too, for the money its a great bike, and it 4-500 was my budget i wouldnt hesitate to buy myself one.

But, i'm not keen on the "battery behind the seatpost" design, it makes the bike so long that it turns like a barge. Oh and the forks are useless, and i want disc brakes because i hate truing wheels every two weeks to get v-brakes to work properly. So a few niggles, all of which the Aurora doesnt seem to have. Bit more power never hurt either...

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
Bit more power never hurt either...
Oh it can. If you let your mate have a go, and when he's getting on, happens to twist the throttle so it wheelies and the bike seat comes up and pushes his nuts up. Fortunately, I was close enough to catch my bike so no real harm was done. Next time I'll make sure it's turned off first.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Unless its a friend i would hand the keys of my ZX12R, they wouldnt be allowed near it!

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Just wait 'till you overtake other cyclists going up hill. 'Tis a pleasure to be sure.;)
I did that twice on Friday and you could feel the eyes burning in the back of my neck:D Serves em right I say:D

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
My GF can 'power' ahead of me when the going gets tough, she cycles the Synapse with the 190 motor and I'm on the SuperSix with the 175 motor. It's about the only activity where she can beat me at anything and she loves it. If there's ever an advert for getting couples out onto bicycles where the female can beat the male then this would have to be it ! :D