For sale Panasonic 26V / 10Ah battery inclusive charger

enthusiast

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 30, 2013
Hi I am selling the spare battery of my old Kalkhoff bike. The battery is not really used, only at the beginning for long commuting reasons. It was stored most of the times and recharged from time to time. The battery is still in a very good condition, as it goes in slepping mode, if not used. The range is still 60km in the highest mode on my bike. Only the case got some scratches, while storing. The battery is from 2009.
It is compatibel with all Panasonic system bikes from Flyer, Kalkhoff, Raleigh, KTM and so on. I think 80 GBP should be fine. PM if interested. Cheers Enthusiast

Attachments

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Probably because the battery is in it's fifth year now, so old in lithium battery terms.

Still not bad though, since those chargers were being sold at £125 new last time I looked. Probably most interesting to someone who wants to charge at both ends of a long commute.

Reactions: enthusiast

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I know it looks like a bargain but most folks will be concerned about its age.
My 2008 battery, same model as yours, also with low mileage (700) is now showing 4 of the 5 lights on a battery test & that's about 80% of a new one.
I don't know how the capacity will drop during the rest of its life so buying a second hand is always a gamble, saying that even with dead cells the BMS, charger & case should be worth a few quid ;)

enthusiast

May 30, 2013
Hey Gringo, Cheers. I was not thinking about the rest capacity test. I will do it tomorrow. And of course lithium ion batteries are aging, but those Panasonic ones have a very good BMS and a sleeping mode, if not used. Your 5 year old battery has still 80%. I think that would be easily worth 80 quid, wouldn´t it? Maybe I should sell charger and battery seperated :)

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
To the right person yes it's worth what your asking but you need to find that man ! Two weeks ago it could have been me but only recently I brought 10 amps worth of hobbyking lipo's and I don't need two chargers.
I've just fitted the new lipo's to my frame to use along side my old battery to double my range or keep the same range & use twice as much assistance:cool:

Reactions: stevew

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
The lack of takers is possibly due to people, like me, having been bitten once & now happily buy 2nd-hand bikes, but only new electrics.

enthusiast

May 30, 2013
Hey, the lifetime indicator shows 4 lights, which means 80% rest capacity according to the manual, so still pretty usable. Cheers, Enthusiast

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
still available...
Hi enthusiast

Whereabouts are you located? I have a suspected faulty battery on my Pro Connect. If you are close enough for me to try the battery on my bike, and it works, I'll have it. I am in Derbyshire.

Reactions: George588

Oribiter9

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Armagh
Hello enthusiast, Do you still have battery and charger, I might be interested to have a second pack to charge at work

Berstevie

Aug 23, 2014
Hi I am selling the spare battery of my old Kalkhoff bike. The battery is not really used, only at the beginning for long commuting reasons. It was stored most of the times and recharged from time to time. The battery is still in a very good condition, as it goes in slepping mode, if not used. The range is still 60km in the highest mode on my bike. Only the case got some scratches, while storing. The battery is from 2009.
It is compatibel with all Panasonic system bikes from Flyer, Kalkhoff, Raleigh, KTM and so on. I think 80 GBP should be fine. PM if interested. Cheers Enthusiast
Hi, is this still for sale as i would be interested in buying it off you at the price mentioned, if so please let me know.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
He's not logged onto the site since April, so don't hold your breath. I have had some dialogue with enthusiast, but takes ages to respond and now hasn't been on this site for months.

Berstevie

Aug 23, 2014
He's not logged onto the site since April, so don't hold your breath. I have had some dialogue with enthusiast, but takes ages to respond and now hasn't been on this site for months.
Hi Tillson, many thanks for your help. i have sent a message and fingers crossed wait for response,

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Hi
Oldosc here, I see that this is a long time ago, but is this still on offer.
I have a kalkof aggatu and use it but due to some health problems with Lady J (posts passem) have not used bikes since Portugal last year. went out yesterday with charged battery, 8 miles out battery died, long walkies back (live in cornwall) having just bought a Phantom 3 drone,(magic) there is little in the kitty for 400 quid replacement. (at 78 I don't expect too much. as an old man I would expect to haggle on price like 79 Q
Luck and go well.