Giant Full E+1 2017 Fixed Wired Lights Wiring Problems

Chris.

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2018
UK
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and just purchased a giant full E+1 before charismas and I've installed a Air Zound horn kick stand, water bottle cages and mirror and Ive gone tubeless. I now want to fix lights but I'm a bit confused about the wiring. On my model I understand it that there is a wire to fix lights behind the rubber grommet on the frame. I contacted my dealer and he said it was 6 to 12 volts. I've got a 12v rear light and tried to wire it in but its not working but it works when I hook it up to a car battery. So now I don't know if the wiring to the bike battery is hooked up or its not 12v. Can anyone give me any info I tried ringing giant twice but both times they couldn't tell me anything and I cant find any info anywhere

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
In theory most quality front lights take 6-42v and have a 6v output for the rear light. As a side note b+m 42v max lights work just fine at 50v.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and just purchased a giant full E+1 before charismas and I've installed a Air Zound horn kick stand, water bottle cages and mirror and Ive gone tubeless. I now want to fix lights but I'm a bit confused about the wiring. On my model I understand it that there is a wire to fix lights behind the rubber grommet on the frame. I contacted my dealer and he said it was 6 to 12 volts. I've got a 12v rear light and tried to wire it in but its not working but it works when I hook it up to a car battery. So now I don't know if the wiring to the bike battery is hooked up or its not 12v. Can anyone give me any info I tried ringing giant twice but both times they couldn't tell me anything and I cant find any info anywhere
Can you post a pic of where you found the wiring loom for lighting. I've found nothing behind my grommets

Related Articles

Advertisers