Giant Twist Battery

vjwoodcock

Just Joined
May 16, 2013
What a great website. Thank you. The battery on my twist cannot be revived. To buy a new one I have been quoted £300. Is there anyone who would know how I can do an exchange for less than this?
Please help. Helen of Brighton

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
What a great website. Thank you. The battery on my twist cannot be revived. To buy a new one I have been quoted £300. Is there anyone who would know how I can do an exchange for less than this?
Please help. Helen of Brighton
Hi Helen

Always nice to see a fellow Brightonian on here :)

there seem to be a few different permutations of the Giant Twist battery. Can you give me a little more info - some seem to be NiMH and some lithium. Also some hang down vertically like panniers and some go in the rack. Some 26v and some 36v

Please let me know and I'll try to help

Also - have you have a qualified person/company tell you its dead ? If so did they advise exactly what the issue was ?

thanks
Kirstin

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Twist name has been used by Giant on several models, but I suspect yours may be this one, either step-through or crossbar.

If so, the only one that suits for fitting into the original position is that £300 NiMh one from Giant. There aren't any makers of compatible batteries for various e-bikes, the market is too small as yet and there are rights issues on the cases and mountings. Some companies who have tried recelling these batteries have had problems and abandoned it.

Much the same applies for the later Twist models with one or two pannier type batteries, either lithium or NiMh, the only correct fitting replacements are the Giant ones.

The only realistic alternatives for the Twist models is to buy another make and mount it on the carrier, adapting the wiring connections as necessary, but there won't be much saving if any.

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
It might be asleep. If so it will need jump starting.

And stop giggling at the back

If you find out which one you have I will look at the manual

Reactions: Denise Dale