Greetings from an excited newbie

Snakey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 25, 2012
Greetings all!
I have been "lurking" so to speak for a little while now but feel the need to come clean! :)
About me... 60 ish ex engineer, semi retired on health grounds but bored as hell! So its project after project hopefully without driving her "ladyship" too mad ;)

Currently (sorry about that..) playing with an old mountain bike type (24V brush motor) more about that in a mo. Nickname Thunderbird 1

A "folding" ebike (basically it hinges in the middle and the handlebars and pedals fold) 24V single gear.
Nickname Thunderbird 2

AND..... a Sinclair Zike!!! (work in progress) No printable Nickname at present!

Looking at the amount of Brains that are on this forum hopefully I can get an answer to a niggling problem.

It concerns TBird 1.The Motor has the identifier SYDG2FL2426 .0012. I need to source some replacement planetary gears. They differ to the Banfung as I need 41 teeth gears, I have driven myself scatty with the web :mad: Hopefully a kindly "egghead" can advise me :D

Heres hoping

All the besssssssst Snakey.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Snakey :)

Gaz

Snakey

Jul 25, 2012
Thank you for the info, I'll try firing off an email to Shengyi, (you never no your luck!) The ebay is certainly comprehensive but I don't fancy having to buy a new 36V battery as well...funds a bit tight :(

Snakey

Jul 25, 2012