Gutted

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
First bit of drieth we've had for days - decided to stick the new speedict on my road/trail bike (Carrera Kraken with 250w 8fun hub motor) & struggle up over the hill route I use for testing purposes.

After a false start caused by a heavy shower; started speedict, viewranger gps, helmet video & heartrate monitor; to get some benchmarks for comparing my other bikes; set off, hopefully dodging the rain.

Went round the route (10.9 miles with 2 big climbs) in about 45 minutes, which is about average for me. Kept the bike in max assist all the way.

Got home & checked the heart rate - nearly 11 minutes was above top trainig rate with a max of 153bpm: Not good, but this was my first ride since 18th, so to be expected I suppose.

Didn't realise that data on the speedict has to be downloaded to the phone, evev if they are bluetooth connected, and lost the lot when a firmware upgrade failed & bricked the hardware.

So, I flogged all the way up those 2 b£%%>y hills for no result; me speedict's knackered & I don't even have the data to play with while I wait to see what happens next :mad:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Oh the joys of DIY ebiking, triumphs mixed with tribulations.

Its great fun though honest :p

PS I have yet to play around with my new speedict but am sure getting the advantage by reading about you guys who are first users. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
My first one did as well, but Danny kindly replaced it :)

Regards

Jerry