Haibike Front Sprocket ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it needs replacing then you will see what i mean when you pop it out n spin it ;)

it should be rock solid movement wise and not wobble what make the sound it will only get worse tbh as there cheap bearings in the first place.

BWIZZ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 15, 2017
Cornwall UK
Think you are comparing different things.

There are the ones machined out of one piece of metal with the bash rings incorporated & made out of Stainless Steel for £70 - £80.

Then there are the sprockets alone and not Stainless for £10 - £15.
How can A single sprocket stainless Steel or otherwise cost £85 and the raised sprocke £45 e bike ! What planet are they on.? Think I need to remove the sprocket and investigate. maybe make up a bash ring and spot weld it on

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Regarding price, it' supply and demand I'm afraid.

As with bearings, I've had standard bearing in my old Cannondale scalpel which didn't last long so went for ceramic (4 times the price) and they lasted no longer and felt no smoother. I'll stick to standard bearings in future :)

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Soundwave. Think I might buy a spare ses bearing just in case so thanks. Have you needed to buy any crank / motor bearings yet?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no the motor bearings are fine as never ride the bike with no assist so never put much strain on them.

Reactions: Steve A

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
not had chance to get a chain yet as the jcp are being dickheads trying to sanction me for not seeking work??? and not signing a 3rd party contract under threat of a sanction doubt?

it is the ses wheel that is the problem as it pushes the connex sprocket to close to the motor case as if it was not there on say a cube bike then clearance would not be a problem imo.
Why not get a job?
Your not stupid and there's jobs in north Bristol area.
An easy commute on your bike:D

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Soundwave, Wow, i wouldn't have told anyone this as it's your business. I certainly wouldn't bite from STUPID comments made here.

I do have some sympathy, after paying 40% tax for over 20 years and asking the DSS (at the time) for a little help. I was told i had too much redundancy money, so got nothing back at all. If i'd bought a fast car, at least i could have claimed.
I never minded paying tax, but after that i'm not so keen. Finally, and as a generalisation, I'm sick of the older generation (baby boomers) consuming the future of the younger ones.
I'll say no more!!!!!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the fact that i can provide that much evidence says it all tbh. its all on line on another site anyway just so the dwp see it ;)

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Soundwave, Eddie is right. I glanced, but didn't read as private. Let's all get back on topic. BIKES!!!
I stripped all drive chain down, lubed all and now runs well. The problem is, it's clearly needs more maintenance than std mtb.

Related Articles

Advertisers