Haibike xduro SL trekking bike

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
just bought one and am collecting next week. Anyone have one? Comments good or bad.
Has a dongle fitted 2014 model
Thanks
Simon

image.jpg

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Typical good quality, well-equipped German trekking bike.

Good on the road and well-made paths, but don't expect mega grip on anything slippery.

The closely fitted mudguards will also clog in mud.

It almost certainly has a version of Schwalbe's Marathon tyres which are hard wearing and offer good puncture resistance.

Looks like the bike has the old Classic motor, but I wouldn't worry about that.

The new motor is a bit neater looking, but not much of an improvement in other respects.

The bike has the older, chunkier battery.

Again, nothing to worry about, the new battery has no more capacity, and spares for the older one are slightly cheaper if you buy original equipment, and cheaper still if you buy a pattern part.

The bike has the Sram Dual Drive by the look of it.

This uses a combination of internal gear hub and cassette on the rear axle.

Advantage is you have more gears than most Bosch bikes, because they are limited to one ring at the front.

I'd be lying if I said there have been no problems with Dual Drive, but my Alfine 11 hub conked out after 18 months, so nothing is 100 per cent reliable.

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
It has a classic + motor whatever that it is lol, and the battery in the pic has a cover over it.
Thanks for the info.image.jpg

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Thanks Martin this is one of yours I'm buying from a guy called John in Wigan.
What's the difference on the Bosch drive on this one compared to the 2015 model?
It has only 300 miles on the clock so I'm hoping it will be ok!
He has a dongle fitted so looking forward to it!
The charger on my pana drive still working fine thanks.
Simon

I had one last year...great bike. I did 8.500 km on it from early feb. to early september. No problems at all, not even a single puncture.
The guy who bought it, is also satiesfied ;)

v.s.o.p.

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 25, 2013
well, classic + has some issues (as the bike looks 2013/2014) you can expect clicking noise caused by lack of grease between "springwave shaped brass gasket", bearing and chainring side of engine lid. The second issue relates to wrong type of grease used by Bosch to lubricate shaft locks. If it suddenly stops clicking and pedals go on free spin as there is no chain - shaft locks should be cleaned and relubricated with some fine oil. All these issues are quite easy to deal with but require taking of the chainring and the engine lid from the chainring side.

Reactions: RobF