Heinzman charger problem

Robocol

Just Joined
May 4, 2011
The 24v charger for my Heinzman black plastic battery box blew up a few months back and I have not been able to find another. It could be repaired but a couple of small resistors on the board are burnt out making it impossible to determine their value. I have all the replacement transistors etc but need to know about the resistors. Heinzman will not give me any information. if you have one of the chargers could you please help by either photographing the board or telling me the colour code of the bits if I send a diagram of what is burnt out? Or, if you have a 24v charger you no longer need please let me know. Any help would be very much appreciated as I am somewhat disabled so cannot use the bike at all until it is fixed.

Thanks

Colin

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Kinetics have been very long term agents for Heinzmann and know plenty about them, so definitely worth contacting Ben there for advice:

Kinetics Heinzmann

Robocol

Just Joined
May 4, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I did contact Kinetics but got no response. I am not impressed by Heinzman after sales service! I will follow up other 24v chargers and see if I can cobble something together.

Robocol

Just Joined
May 4, 2011
Thanks for the link but I am not sure that battery is up to the job. It says the maximum continuous discharge current is 10A and the max is 10A. From what I remember that is not enough for the Heinzman hub.