Hello everyone

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
Hello to you all,
I've been meaning to introduce myself for ages now, probably 6months since I started reading on here, and at the same time searching for a bike to suit my budget. I spent lots of time searching e-bay and gumtree, plus all the links that popped up all over the place. I found a huge gap between what I could afford and what I actually wanted,I was also taking time to convince myself that buying an e-bike was a good idea for someone my age. Then I found a bike I liked, did some research, and took the plunge, in the end I decided to go for the best bike I could find at the maximum I could afford.
I turn 70 this year and have been told by the DVLA that I can no longer be allowed to drive because of a problem with my vision, I had to sell my beloved Alfa , and felt like I'd had my legs cut off. I get a lot of use out of my bus pass, but I still felt restricted in getting around although I don't actually 'need' a bike for any purpose other than pure recreation.
So, the best spec. for my budget, and most important for me was a throttle, add to that the best looking bike I could find, and here's what I came up with ........................ P1190316resized.JPG

Reactions: Fat Rat

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
Long time lurker :)

Always nice to here from a happy new
Ebiker

Enjoy the new steed and may you have many happy miles

Reactions: onthe-edge

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
Hi welcome
Long time lurker :)

Always nice to here from a happy new
Ebiker

Enjoy the new steed and may you have many happy miles
Thanks for that FatRat, I couldn't be happier with the bike, and of course the good weather came at just the right time. Funny how much more observant you can get when not driving a car, I've found loads of places to explore that are just off the road and I never knew they were there.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Thanks for that FatRat, I couldn't be happier with the bike, and of course the good weather came at just the right time. Funny how much more observant you can get when not driving a car, I've found loads of places to explore that are just off the road and I never knew they were there.
Spot on timing as you say
And yes you do see a load more on 2 wheels :)