Hello from Canada Eh!

John Deland

Just Joined
May 24, 2011
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Hi Everyone

This is a great site... just joined this week.

I live in Ottawa Canada, our Nation's Capital.

Ottawa is a great biking city, relatively flat and lots of green spaces and bike paths.

I just purchased a new Wisper 705 and so far I love it. This is my second e-bike, the first being a home made Raleigh step thru conversion with a Crystalyte 408, 20a sensorless controller and a whopping 48v 17ah Lithium Iron Phosphate battery.

Great unit, wonderful speed and performance, junky bike. It also had a cruise control and a Cycle Analyst which I find indispensible on long runs.

Fell in love with the looks and sturdiness of the Wisper (no flex), the quality and strength are very good. The performance (acceleration and speed) is not as good as my old bike, but that unit was massively heavy and the step through flexed quite a bit.

I was worried the bike might cave in at the step through at so me point (did I mention I weight 268 lbs......poor Wisper.

Glad to be on board... thsi is a great site

John Deland
Ottawa, ON, Canada
john_deland@sympatico.ca
2011 Wisper 705SE

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Hi John,

Welcome to the board and Congrats on your purchase!

I need to get fitter/smaller ;oP and have recently bought an electric bike after years of not cycling - I've re-found muscles I forgot I had. I am delighted that I don't need to use the motor all the time and just keep it for the hard parts - or if I am feeling extra tired on a particular journey. I'm definitely getting fitter quickly and I am so happy to be cycling again - something I've missed.

Yay for electric bikes! :O)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi John

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for choosing a Wisper!

We do build our bikes to be light weight but very sturdy and rigid, Did I mention I weigh 298lb, you are a light weight!

I have just started a diet though, and intend to lose 120lb this year by diet and an hour a day on my 906 XC Tourer!

I will let you know how I get on!

Best regards

David