Hello from Hertfordshire

Kinisys

Just Joined
Apr 12, 2013
I have a keen interest in electric bikes and have followed the forum for a long while .
I thought it time to join in some of the conversations.

Has anyone got a Kinisys built bike and what is your opinion?

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
On the website, I can only see illegal contraptions under the Kinisys name. I didn't look too closely but I didn't see any disclaimer or advisory note regarding the use of such machines. At the prices advertised, there are far safer and more appropriate two-wheeled devices, be they pedelecs or light motor cycles/scooters/mopeds.

Given your forum name, can I assume you are a representative of the said company?

Tom

D

Deleted member 4366

I would take their claims for speed and range with a pinch of salt. 50 mph and 70 to 80miles from a 36v 15aH battery? You'd struggle to get that range at 10mph with a lot of hard pedalling. For 50mph, you need 4000w, The battery would last 9 minutes at that speed if it didn't melt first, which would give a range of 7 miles. I don't know why sellers can't just be honest. If they're not honest with their descriptions, what else are they not honest about?

Arbol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2013
I love forums with critical spirit, and with voices not afraid of saying what they really think, irrespective of how the truth may hurt others.