Hello from West-Cork in Ireland

snoozer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2019
Hello,

my name is Jan and I am living in West-Cork in Ireland. I have received my 1st electric bike a week ago. Its my 1st bike in over 35 years and I got it because I am off the road for 6 months. So far I am happy with it but I have not yet done any serious biking. I chose to go for a cheap bike from china knowing of the risk it maybe not arriving and having legal issues etc. The saving cost wise has justified the risk in my eyes.

Apart for that new adventure I am a Network & Systems Engineer in my full time job. Other interests are anything electronics, 3d printing, CNC in general, sailing and hanging out with friends.

I am here to find advise and technical help and get an idea how these bikes work from the electronic and power side of things. The bike I have is called Samebike LO26 M-Nine, 48V battery, 500W hub-motor. I have disabled the speed limiter by means of combination of brakes pulled and controller switched on which gives me a top speed on e-operation only of approx 32 km/h (not yet GPS tested).

Have FuN!
Jan

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome to the site and enjoy your new steed

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hi Jan, you are now aware that your bike is illegal?. Whether anyone notices in West Cork on the boreens is unlikely, but it could be very expensive if you have an accident.

snoozer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2019
My drive is approx 500m long non public road with gate, I doubt anyone cares about that. We have to many cops around to take risks on public road.