Hello - need help with a decision

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
That's a shame you don't have a bike scheme. Not sure I can really afford it without it. Do you have any Scottish distributers at all?
The cycle to work scheme can really only be offered by a dealer. I cannot find a good dealer in Scotland who is prepared to stock the product.
My attitude is that dealers must stock bikes to offer test rides,otherwise what is the point.
We hold over 30 different e-bikes in stock and still cannot satisfy what every customer requires,I think 15 bikes is really the minimum.
If you find a good guy in Scotland I will send a dealer pack.
Good luck with your search.
KudosDave

Glasgow123

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 3, 2016
Glasgow
The cycle to work scheme can really only be offered by a dealer. I cannot find a good dealer in Scotland who is prepared to stock the product.
My attitude is that dealers must stock bikes to offer test rides,otherwise what is the point.
We hold over 30 different e-bikes in stock and still cannot satisfy what every customer requires,I think 15 bikes is really the minimum.
If you find a good guy in Scotland I will send a dealer pack.
Good luck with your search.
KudosDave
Fair enough Dave. Where is you're nearest dealer to Glasgow. Maybe I need to go on a day trip.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Fair enough Dave. Where is you're nearest dealer to Glasgow. Maybe I need to go on a day trip.
To be honest since Brexit many of the dealers have stopped replenishing their stock,that doesn't just apply to Kudos it applies to other makes as well,also at this time of the year dealers like to run down their stocks because the quiet time of the Autumn is imminent and they don't want to hold 2016 models after Eurobike to stock up with 2017 models.
I don't know any dealer near to you who has good stocks.
There is a forum member Jimod who has 2 Kudos bikes,he lives near Edinburgh. Jim is a really nice guy perhaps he will let you have a ride on a Typhoon,which has the same motor as the Rapide,suggest you private message Jim on this forum.
It's not easy to test ride these bikes,that is why we make offers to send a bike out to test,but you do need to focus on what type/size you want.
KudosDave

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
If you have time, contact Mark at Wheels in Callander. Lots of ebikes suitable for our conditions. Big test area, lots of proper hills. Hires out lots of ebikes so the one's he has are well tried makes. Excellent guy to deal with. Take a demo over the Duke's pass for a pint at The Ballie Nicol Jarvie .You'll soon sort out the best one for your needs.
Ps if you're looking for a good used bike I know where a minty Kalkoff Aggatu with 2 batteries is up for sale. This is the Panasonic version. good reputation on here for this particular model. should go for £400 ish.
PPS Furryboots ur ye?

Last edited:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The Panasonic kalkoff is the best bike they have made. It confirmed their reputation as a maker of great bikes. then they went and stuffed it up. Intuva.. D' OH....

Old grumpy

Just Joined
Dec 1, 2016
Nother Ireland
To be honest, if it's coping with all that gear it might well be what I'm after. Have you ever suffered from the battery cut-out issues that some people have been having with it?
Hi
I bought the Carerra Crossfire e bike from my local Halfords in August 2016. Halfords seemed to be the only game in town locall when it cam to e bikes. Had to go to an e bike because my osteoarthritis in the knees couldn't keep up on my old Apollo bike.

A couple of things on the battery side of things.
I suffered the battery cut ou a few times - no big deal until it did three time in rapid succession. That was enough to get it repaired under warranty. Halfords changed the ECU -electronic mother board, which both them and me hope it cures the problem. Idoes seem a relatively common fault.
Secondly, since having this done, the charge indicator takes an initial rapid drop from 99% to just under 90% in a few hundred yards and then steadies out. But I still seem to be using more power on my round trip of 20 to 25 miles. This may have coincided with the fairly rapid onset of the col weather, but it remains to be seen.
Other than that I am very pleased with the bike. As far as I could tell it was one of the few to offer a two year guarantee on the battery .

I hope some of this is helpful.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Cold weather will reduce your range. It's a chemistry thing.

Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Cold weather will reduce your range. It's a chemistry thing.
I've really been reminded of the power of the cold recently

My batteries tend to take 2 miles to a warm up in this weather. And they are kept indoors

And pump those tires !

Reactions: D8ve

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I've really been reminded of the power of the cold recently

My batteries tend to take 2 miles to a warm up in this weather. And they are kept indoors

And pump those tires !
Pumping the pedals helps the range too