Hello new member here

Lavender

Just Joined
Jul 18, 2020
Hi there,

I've acquired a Cyclamatic Power Plus electric bike through family. Its hardly had any use, just sat in a garage for maybe 10 years. Its looks in very good condition. But there's no manual and no charger; just the bike, battery and starter key. I've inflated the tyres and it cycles fine. I would like to get it working properly so i guess I need a charger. I've googled but not found anything useful. Any tips, pointers gratefully received. Thanks in advance

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
HI - welcome

First thing - batteries hate being left unused for any length of time - especially if they are Lithium type
They slowly discharge and the chemistry changes and they basically destroy themselves.
So - it seems likely that the battery will be useless after all that time not being used - so even if you find a charger then you may need the battery to be replaced - or probably better to have it recelled.

Look up ebike batteries in the UK - they may even be able to test the battery for you before they recell it

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If the throttle doesn't light up when you switch on the battery with the key, the battery is most likely knackered. you can buy them form Ebay or Aliexpress with a charger for not too much.

Charger is here.

Whether you get a new battery or charger, you should always check the polarity of the connectors with a meter in case they're reversed from what you have.