Hello. New To Your Wonderful Site and Would Like Some Help with a Wuxing

JW1980

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2015
Hi All,

Just joined and new to the site.

Been reading some of the forums recently and see you a brilliant community. I am hoping you can help me out.

I am not an actual owner but my bother has been for many years. He has been using several older model PowaBykes to get around due to mobility problems.

As an engineer, I have been looking after an maintaining them for him, having gained a wealth of information from the PowaByke website.

Recently an opportunity arose to purchase second hand something quite different for my brother. This is, I believe called a Wuxing H T-268. It is modelled more to look like petrol powered moped.

Of course I have quickly discovered there is a huge difference between the powabyke and this one and feel I need a little help. My brother has found it is slower and does not have the same range as his old bike even though this has new batteries in it.

I have looked on line but can't find an actual website for the bike. I did find a couple of links to suppliers and have emailed them but had no answers.

I am hoping someone here has some expert knowledge on this bike. If you do, please help !

Specifically I was initially wondering the following:-

+ What should the maximum speed be and can it be adjusted ? I know the weight it is carrying will have a bearing on this.

+ What should the range be like in miles ? Like above I know the weight makes a difference.

+ The batteries are lead acid. As an engineer I would say these need to be fully charged and discharged every time but I have read on some site they should be topped up as often as possible. Is that true?

+ Does anyone have or know where I could source a user manual and a service / technical manual like on the PowaByke website?

Thank you so much in advance.

Your grateful new member

Jonathan.

D

Deleted member 4366

You should never disharge lead battries more than you have to. The deeper you discharge them, the shorter their life will be. The power on bikes with SLAs often drpends on which batteries you put in. What is the Brand and designation of the new batteries that you put in it?

JW1980

Jul 4, 2015
You should never disharge lead battries more than you have to. The deeper you discharge them, the shorter their life will be. The power on bikes with SLAs often drpends on which batteries you put in. What is the Brand and designation of the new batteries that you put in it?
Hi D8veh,

Thanks for your reply.

I did not fit the batteties myself but the person I bought it from got some generic batteries with the same voltage rating and amp hourage as the orginal and fitted them.

From a full charge to flat how long rougjtly would a bike like this last do you think ?

D

Deleted member 4366

You have to use high power electric vehicle batteries. Generic ones are often low power for burgular alarms, etc. What is the brand and designation?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Let's assume you have 3 x 12v, 12ah SLAs, wired in series.

That gives you about 6ah at 36v of usable power. On a pedal assisted 250w bike, I'd expect to get about 12-15 miles. On an un-assisted moped, about 5 miles if your lucky.

...but we don't know what batteries you have, so its a guess.

JW1980

Jul 4, 2015
Hi, d8veh, thanks, I would have to check when I go round next week for the exact specs but they are like for the the ones that were in there. Of course I don't know if those ones were the correct to the original spec. Thats why I hoping someone might have sme techincal details on this model or a manual. It is so much different from the PowaByke design I know well.

JW1980

Jul 4, 2015
Hi Mike Higgins,

Thanks, thats great. My brother has some mobility issues so mostly uses it on un assisted.

The bike is indeed 3 batteries in series, 12 volts each.

He is getting around 8 to 10 miles from full to flat so sounds good by your estimate