Hello, total Noob (hence the name)

Noob75

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2015
Hi all, new to the site as a member, been reading the threads over the past few weeks, seem like a nice bunch of knowledgeable folks, no doubt I will be begging for help at some point as I have bought an old x-6 Powabyke which I thought I was getting a good deal on but I think lack of knowledge/experience with electric bikes has landed me in that proverbial creek with no forward propulsion system.
As I am now already out of pocket I have decided that I will try to restore it to working order as a side project.

Given the amount of threads I have stumbled on recently with these earlier models and their related issues I may have my work cut out for me.

cheers.

D

Deleted member 4366

They're dead easy to fix and not too much work. It's normally the money that's the problem.

Say you get the bug, and stay on this forum for a few years. What about your name then?

Reactions: Noob75

Noob75

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2015
Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome.
I already registered with Powabyke and downloaded everything that I think relates to the x6 (the Powabyke site is the only reason I know it's an x6).

You make a fair point there d8veh, but it'll be ok, I've been called worse over the years lol.

I think I'll be able to get the old dear up and running again in no time, from my initial play about with it everything was fine, but then I hit a kerb of doom and suddenly I have issues.
I suspect that the PAS sensor will need re-aligning and that I'll have to check all of the connections, the throttle may need replaced too.
This weekend will be when I get the chance to have a proper look at it.