Help!

barbersvintage

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2015
Hi Everyone.....I need some uber sharp advice on a purchase I am considering making......Yikes......I am trying to research bikes of the E nature and adore some of the new models.......have been offered this one at a bargain price....but cannot source any info on it ??!! Dcycle Downton Cargo 45cm Black.....It was the one I had my eye on....but I would like you're expert opinion?? for quality ect.....budget is 1000 tops!

barbersvintage

May 5, 2015
Thank you all.......Okay hmmmm, I know this may be fickle but I adore the retro styling of bikes and have been riding a beach cruiser by Saracen for years...... I want this bike to be my primary mode of travel.......i'd like to think I could get around everywhere on it too......trains permitting......BTW do they allow electric bikes on them.....had an issue a few years back where a conductor wouldn't allow me on with a E-bike.....crazy! I have looked at Sparta and Pedego, Roo dog, juicy-bike & D-cycle......I seem to be attracted to some of these models......but need this to be a practical choice too! I want a quality build with a good warranty, but obviously have limited funds. I'm reasonably fit......Live in Norfolk....slight undulations as apposed to hills, Want to carry my small dog on occasions.....slightly eccentric I know......Tools & camping gear at times.....not too great with the whole spec thing.......but would like to get wiser.....can test this bike....but it's two hours away from North Norfolk.....Like the idea of a European build bike as I know they a strict with quality........

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Re Trains - Should be pemitted at off-peak times. And if on intercity bung it in the goods van.

I use mine to travel back & forth between Colchester and the coast after 10am and never had a problem.

Greater Anglia - Bikes on Trains > http://www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/your-journey/cycling/bikes-on-trains

Depending where you are in Norfolk try a test ride at Cromer > http://www.electrifyingcycles.co.uk

I've carried my cat to the vet in her carrier but it meant riding one handed! Still better for her heart rate than putting her in my motorcycle tank bag :) You should be able to get a front basket and a doggy seat belt ;)

Reactions: barbersvintage

barbersvintage

May 5, 2015
Ha ha that's why I want the front Rack....ta da problem solved! ;)

I am very close to cromer and didn't realize they had such a good selection.....just not my model! He has said that they are good bikes tho so thank you ....

Thank you for the uber helpful info

Rachel

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
....but it's two hours away from North Norfolk.....Like the idea of a European build bike as I know they a strict with quality........[/quote]

We are based in North Norfolk as Wicky kindly mentioned, why not pay us a visit we have more than 20 bikes in stock. If there is something specific you need we can always order it for you to try (no obligation). We will be moving to larger premises in July. Happy to give some honest advice in person :)

Also we have a D Cycle in stock will check the availability of the model you mentioned. Just called was available but sold out today. Let me know if I can be of further assistance though.

As you know Cromer has a few hills so a good location for trying bikes.
David

Last edited:

barbersvintage

May 5, 2015
....but it's two hours away from North Norfolk.....Like the idea of a European build bike as I know they a strict with quality........
We are based in North Norfolk as Wicky kindly mentioned, why not pay us a visit we have more than 20 bikes in stock. If there is something specific you need we can always order it for you to try (no obligation). We will be moving to larger premises in July. Happy to give some honest advice in person :)

Also we have a D Cycle in stock will check the availability of the model you mentioned. Just called was available but sold out today. Let me know if I can be of further assistance though.

As you know Cromer has a few hills so a good location for trying bikes.
David[/quote]
Thank you that's very kind of you.......I will try and pop by very soon.....

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Yes that's the ones I knew they did something retro
Yes that's the ones I knew they did something retro
Yes, this is the sort of bike I have decided I want. The front rack I can sort,
http://www.dutchbikebits.com/steco-transport-front-rack but my Woosh Santana will not allow me to convert to 3 speed. I was warned by the helpful people at Woosh!! I am hoping to find a suitable frame, fit rigid front forks and the aforementioned rack, and a kit from Woosh to power it, with the battery in the centre of the bike to get the weight right. A decent centre stand like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130972488396?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT and the 3 speed hub I have already bought, and will have to build in to a rim. A steering stabiliser to finish off, http://www.dutchbikebits.com/hebie-steering-damper?keyword=steering&category_id=0, plus a rack at the back, and I should have a useful bike for about £800. I hope to sell my Santana to recoup some of the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott clarke