Hi, Can you help please?

Alan4143

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Hi this is all new to me, I have an issue with a Samebike Lo26, it's brand new but I can't get the PAS mode to work, the throttle mode and push along mode are both working, just no pedal assist, I've tried utube, various on line etc etc, I think that the supplier is in China and I'm getting no joy with a fix. The manual sent with the bike is pointless, no trouble shooting or any type of helpful information. Any ideas

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
I would contact the shop you bought it from first

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Don't know this specific bike, but it sounds like a pas issue.
The Peddle Assist Sensor is normally located around the bottom bracket. On most bikes there is a disc, on the peddle crank axle, with a number of magnets in it. On the frame there will be a sensor (sometimes with an led that flashes when it detects a magnet passing). The clearance between the disc and the sensor needs to be 1-3mm. Also check that the disc does not spin independantly of the crank axle.
Some pictures of the bike and the bottom bracket area will help.

Alan4143

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Hi, thanks for the responses so far, I've contacted the seller on eBay and I'll either get a replacement or refund so all is well there, the returns process isn't simple and it's time consuming so I'm just checking that all that I can do has been done before I return it, gutted, it looks great and rides very well (Apart from no assistance!)

What I'm trying to check is if I've missed anything obvious, I don't want the seller to say I haven't done something obvious!

The Halls sensor is positioned in a good secure state, the disc with magnets (5) is also secure and turning as I'd expect. All electrical connections are secure, I've exhausted my ex mechanics mind and run out of logic to employ!!

It seems likely that there's a fault with either, the Halls sensor, the Brushless control module or the LCD display unit, I can't think of anything else that might control the pedal assisted mode?

When I got the bike it took me a LONG time to realise that you had to insert a key which is hidden under the frame and turn it to a position to allow battery power to pass to the controls, I felt a bit stupid at the time but my old ebike is only switched on by the power button on the handle bars, there was no mention of a key in the set up directions or the manual (The manual is both useless and pointless)or anywhere else.

I stumbled on the key feature when checking the battery voltage with the battery on the bench, it's a 48 volt battery, I only had 36 volts, then for whatever reason while the volt meter was connected I turned the key in the battery and the volts shot up to 51!! Happy days, or so I thought.

I'm no expert on ebikes, my mechanical background helps but in this case I'm struggling

Can't remember where I found this site while trawling through god knows what, the site and posts give me hope, cheers

Trix500

Just Joined
May 22, 2020
Have you been through the programming menu on factory settings.
You hold down buttons up and down arrows brings up on display PO1, PO2,PO3 etc......
There's a couple of good you tube videos telling you what settings are and what to choose from. There is a power assist setting I think on P11 to adjust the setting.
Here's the you tube link I used.

Vicki

Alan4143

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Have you been through the programming menu on factory settings.
You hold down buttons up and down arrows brings up on display PO1, PO2,PO3 etc......
There's a couple of good you tube videos telling you what settings are and what to choose from. There is a power assist setting I think on P11 to adjust the setting.
Here's the you tube link I used.

Vicki

Hi, thanks for your advice. Turns out that the bike (New bike) was faulty, I now have a replacement which is great.

Trying to find out the problem has given me lots of information about the ebike and it's set up.

The PAS on this model is quite different to my previous ebike, that one was a zipper z2 which is a great model but I wanted to venture further afield so needed to change to an ebike capable of further distances on one charge, the Samebike LO26 certainly does that!!

40km used around 55-60% of the battery power, well impressed, I'd recommend the zipper z 1 or 2 and the samebike LO26, getting lots of pleasure out of using them

Reactions: Sander_Koop

Sander_Koop

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2020
Hi this is all new to me, I have an issue with a Samebike Lo26, it's brand new but I can't get the PAS mode to work, the throttle mode and push along mode are both working, just no pedal assist, I've tried utube, various on line etc etc, I think that the supplier is in China and I'm getting no joy with a fix. The manual sent with the bike is pointless, no trouble shooting or any type of helpful information. Any ideas

Have a look here. There's a manual in here, with all the settings, you may need to change. You need to register to get the post with the setytings:
~
How to Remove Speed Limit Samebike LO26, Fiido D1 / Unlock 40km/h Top Speed Chinese Electric Bikes! | TechCat.ca - New Gadgets and Technology

Badninjaebikes

Just Joined
Mar 15, 2022
Hi there. You should try downloading the pdf to the display . The problem is with on of the settings where if you have it Set to zero start it only works for the throttle . Need to be set to the the other setting that allows pedel assist and throttle but gives you a slight delay before itstarts assisting. The manual you get with the bike doesn't explain the 16 setting modes very well. Try that and it should work. I've been selling these for about 6 months and downloading every part manual wanthebfirst thing i did and I see alot of people having issues that are simple fixes because of the lack of instructions provided