Hi Di Hi!

RoyWorcUK

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 15, 2016
Worcester
Hello there I'm Roy a newbie, I'm a mid seventies old faggot who has recently paid my last respects to my little dog Harvey and are now looking to still get out of the house to keep the old bones oiled, I have recently bought a folding bike and soon realized that there are too many hills in my area, so now looking at an ebike.

I think I have spotted a beauty but can't find anything on the internett telling me if it is good or not. The bike is a "Kudos Safari" and it's got all the whistles and bells and lights and suspension, but not heard anyone praise it or otherwise. Does anyone own one or know anyone who has one that likes or dislikes it?

Would appreciate some personal experiences of the beast.

Thanks Roy

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is not very good its 30kg for a start and not very cheap range also will not be very good with a 10a batt because its so heavy.

you really need to try have a go on some if you can.

• Informative

RoyWorcUK

Dec 15, 2016
Worcester
Hi Soundwave Thanks for the advice didn't spot it was such a heavy bike but notice the battery has 2 year warranty. Hi Gaz! Nice bikes but not enough funds in the pension pot to go over £800.

I have just spotted other bike's Pro Rider E-Sprinter & E-Tourer but the batteries so dear and only 12 months warranty. The price is right though.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hi Gaz! Nice bikes but not enough funds in the pension pot to go over £800.
Didn't mean to buy - they're outside my budget too - just for having a looksee to get e better idea about what'd suit you best :)

Gaz

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
have you thought about second hand. keep an eye on the classifieds section on here. Maybe something suitable will turn up.

• Agree

RoyWorcUK

Dec 15, 2016
Worcester
Never been keen on second hand bikes because of not knowing the history of the battery:( But had a bit of good news today Man from Pro Rider phoned to say they are having a brand new shipment of new bikes coming in around 6th January 2017. They are about an hours drive from me. I've been to try a couple of shaft drive bikes at Bicycles4U they are quite near me, I quite liked the folding Equinox but no suspension.:)

RoyWorcUK

Dec 15, 2016
Worcester
Hi again sorry about that previous short post, someone pressed the "Post reply" button when I wasn't looking;) Try again. Update. I bought an Equinox shaft drive e bike last January 17 and have been very pleased with it, cheap as chips but suited me well.

Ten months later I decided to sell it as the Worcester City Council decided to resurface our Cycle paths and Walk ways and since then I noticed the wheel nuts were coming loose, instead of ironing out the bumps they added a few extra:confused: waste of public money. :confused:

So now I am looking to buy an e bike with plenty of suspension preferably Seat and front forks. at least 7 gears in case I run out of battery and have to use leg power.

I like the idea of a Crank Drive and a step through as I'm 75 and can't get my leg over:D. looking into my pension pot after taking out a grand, it now echoes :oops:.

I think with a little persuasion my Wife may dib into her pot too but not as much to make it echo.:cool:.

All suggestions, well most, appreciated.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Kudos Safari is a nice bike. The battery will last forever. They're comfortable and have reasonable climbing power. Add a Suntour NCX seatpost to any bike for better comfort at the rear.

Reactions: topographer

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Kudos Safari is a nice bike. The battery will last forever. They're comfortable and have reasonable climbing power. Add a Suntour NCX seatpost to any bike for better comfort at the rear.
Surprisingly the Safari hasn't yet sold out (noticed this a few days ago whilst browsing for someone interested in a cheap his and hers bike), Kudos are still offering them at 2 for £995 . Under £500 for a decent sized shopping go places bike, which makes them a v.g bargain.

Reactions: topographer

RoyWorcUK

Dec 15, 2016
Worcester
Thank you both, The safari was the bike I was interested in a year ago but the distance to test ride and the fact I couldn't find a single review about it put me off.

I almost bought a Freego Martin City Step Through Bike at a bargain price, unfortunately it was too big for me. I'm a little over 5' 6" very annoying.

The Woosh Santana CD is another I have my eye on but so far away for a test ride, Grr!