Hi! I'm David and I've got a conversion kit on order (just ordered today)

davmor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 18, 2021
Hi there! I've just ordered an EasiFit Ebike conversion kit. It's on a 6-8 week lead-time at the moment, so I'll keep my fingers crossed there are no delays.. Looking forward to hopefully extending my cycling range, while still keeping fit (well, fitter than I now, anyway!) :)

Ste Gib

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 1, 2021
Hi there! I've just ordered an EasiFit Ebike conversion kit. It's on a 6-8 week lead-time at the moment, so I'll keep my fingers crossed there are no delays.. Looking forward to hopefully extending my cycling range, while still keeping fit (well, fitter than I now, anyway!) :)
Hey Jim, I'm a newbie here too and the people have been really helpful with a few requests I've posted in. Wish I had spoken to them all BEFORE I got a second ebike. The basics to build were not rocket science to fit, but the details of which battery/controller/kit to get is difficult to choose without any knowledge. Hope you enjoy the cycling - I'm approaching 1000 miles soon :) Good tip - buy a comfy seat :cool:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
So, in 6 weeks we're going to learn what easi-fit means.

In the meantime and to save delays after the kit arrives, show us a photo of your bike from the side and another one from the front at axle height.

In principle, that kit's not bad, but there can always be unforseen problems when it comes to installation. The installation videos always involve a bike that has all the right characteristics as a donor. They never mention about filing the drop-outs or changing your forks when you have the wrong type/position of drop-outs.

I like the customer photos in the reviews that show they've put the wheel in upside-down. He even tells you to do that in the instruction video! His axle seems to go very deep into the drop-out and the axle seems to be centralised, so I'm guessing that he filed his drop-outs before starting the video. His previous axle was 9mm Q/R. I've never know any motor go straight in to forks that had such an axle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Empty all the bags containing little bits and pieces into separate small bowls. Bloody pain in the ars* getting replacements tiny parts - you only get exactly the correct number of easy to drop and lose parts.

Reactions: davmor