Hi, question on Haibike frame size

olearydc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 16, 2015
Hi All

I am new to the ebike areana but looking forward to getting a new bike Haibike Sduro Hardseven SL within the next few weeks

Due to my location, have not had the opportunity to test the different types and shapes available so mostly my reserve was done online, but due to sites like this have final taken the step on getting the Haibike :)
I will be making a 200 mile trip next week to actually try one out for size etc but wanted to have a bit of a idea of questions and thoughts from others if Ok

I am 6 foot 2 (188cm) and of heavy build!. Will be using this bike to get to work mostly on level roads with just one or 2 short hills totally distance approx. 8 miles

Would like to get a more road orientated bike from Haibike but the Sduro Hardseven is more in my price range so will upgrade with more touring tires and see how it goes

I have 2 basic questions though and hoping to hear your thoughts

• Frame size I will be checking out is 50cm. is this a about the right size for someone my size for regular biking. I am sure it will fit fine but just wanted to get feedback on others who may have something similar
• Demo bikes When a dealer orders a new bike, it could take a few weeks before delivery. If a dealer offered a demo bike (a few weeks usage and looks okay), would it be considered new or would you hold out for a new one

Sorry for these type of questions or any I may have in the future…Any thoughts or feedback would be great

Regards
Dan

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
You can probably be sure that the bike has been used very little as a demo. The odo will tell you what you need to know. You will wait for a new one as they are still in high demand and supplies are limited. A 50cm will probably be ok. If you get a 55cm, you may have to cut the seat post down a bit but it should still fit you. My personal preferance is to get as big a frame as will fit me. Visiting a dealer will tell the tale.

Reactions: olearydc

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
You are doing the right thing by trying before you buy.
just as a comparison, I'm 6'1" with 32" leg, also heavy build and 50 cm is definitely not big enough for me and not enough knee room either.
Though allowing that the frame is sloped down towards the seat tube, you can see how much seat post is raised on my avatar picture, that's on a 55cm (21.5") Trek frame.
If you have different anatomy to me, (shorter legs and/or arms?) 50cm may be OK but don't compromise on the correct size or the bike will never feel right.
Sadly there are some bike shops who will try to sell you the bike they have in stock even if it's not the right size.

Dave.

Last edited:

olearydc

Apr 16, 2015
Hi Emo/DC

Thanks for your thoughts on that. I am really looking forward to the demo and will try a few sizes if possible
actually making a family day out
Bringing my father and my kids for the ride up :D

Hi Martin

Cheers for that. TBH your website was a big source of information, so thanks for that. If ever over your direction will give your place a visit

Regards
Dan

Reactions: Martin@e-bikeshop

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I think the 50cm has a reasonable chance of fitting, but it may have to anyway,

According to Martin's website, 50cm is the biggest size available in the bike you are looking at.

It's a 29er, so the front should be high enough.

Distance between saddle and pedal could be a problem.

Once you've got the right saddle height, check it against the handlebars.

You probably don't want the saddle much higher than the bars, although a couple of inches may be OK.

v.s.o.p.

Aug 25, 2013
Im driving Haibike Xduro 2013 and frame 56cm is a bit to big for my 181 cm. Had to compensate with seat moved to the front. Then yet again my second Xduro is 48cm and its to small so I had to move the seat maximum to the back. Knowing Haibike frames, i would suggest 54 cm for your 188cm, then played with the seat after some test rides.

below is some data about angles of hard seven. from polish testers. uploadfromtaptalk1429527389257.jpg

olearydc

Apr 16, 2015
Hi RobF/v.s.o.p

Cheers also for that

Went up on Saturday to Dublin to the dealer with the whole family ..err at least the boys :)

Dealer was great and I had a go on a few bikes

The one I liked most was the 50cm Haibike sduro version. just seemed to suit me so ordered a new one for a few weeks time.

What a revelation....very smooth on the test ride and so nice off the lights. Been riding a motorbike for 30 odd years and need to get rid of it as my wee boy is starting to take too much of a interest :( so this is my way of having a bit of fun while being on too wheels going in and out of work and getting a bit fitter (well thats the hope anyhow)

Thanks all for your thoughts and time, much appreciated. Once I have it and giving it a bit of a twirl will write up a basic review

Regards
Dan

Reactions: D C