Help! Hi there, seasoned members!

Mary-jo

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2022
I stopped riding a normal cycle ages ago as I found it hard to walk for a few days after due to the style of seat. I am now considering an ebike, and wonder if any come with a moped type seat? Or if I find a bargain with a more traditional seat, would I be able to change it to the moped style? We are thinking of a cycling /walking holiday so comfort is essential.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Mary-jo.

I don't know what familiarity you have with e-bikes, but they do not perform like mopeds so being able to pedal effectively to assist the motor is essential. That usually isn't possible with a moped style seat due to its width at the front obstructing the thigh movement.

However there are comfort style saddles for bicycles with many designed specifically for women, giving the right support at the rear of the saddle but still with a narrow enough front of the saddle to allow full enough up and down thigh movement,

Here's one of them on this link with a couple of favourable reviews.

And a second one on this link.

Also from the same dealer, if you scroll down on this page you'll see a variety of others further down the page, though many not in stock at present. However it will give you an idea of the many that are on the market in differing styles, putting comfort as the priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjpt

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Lots of information at https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/guide-saddle-comfort-women

Saddles are very personal, what really suits one is a complete pain to another; and it isn't necessarily the most expensive that you will find most comfortable, nor the most padded.

A good sprung seatpost can be a real help if there is no rear suspension. (Suntour SP12-NCX is around £70, really helped for my wife on the back of our tandem.) If your frame is on the big side for you a sprung seatpost can prevent you getting the saddle low enough.