Hi there

KK76

Just Joined
Dec 21, 2023
I bought a used Giant Expression in 2018 with steel frame and 28 inch size and the model is from around 2006 or so. The previous owner almost never used it. This bike was very modest, 18 speed and nothnig too fancy but a very charming looking bike. In 2019 i decided to pull the trigger and go into the electric adventure, so i bought a 250W front wheel from Yose with a 36V 17ah battery. The reason i decided to go front is to keep my rear wheel easier to dismount since the rear is more subject to punctures, two wheel drive and last but not least the cruise control function.

The main purpose of the bike is commuting and some ballads. Since then i got around 4500km and the kit never failed on me. But through the years the bike have been consistently upgraded. Except the main body frame, front and rear derailleur, rear luggage carrier and handlebar, nothing on this bike is original equipment anymore. So i've picked-up components i like and suits me and build the bike "à la carte". Despite not having a fork supporting disc mount i made my own support and was able to get a 160mm disc. I couldn't go bigger in size because i only have 1mm clearance with the fork.

The incoming upgrades are hydraulic rear brakes and hydraulic front with 4 pistons caliper and 203mm disc. Front fork is going to be steel and custom made. I also plan to upgrade the hub motor and controller with something a tad beefier but i about this subject i wll made a separate topic to get some feedbacks. Also new rims are coming with 24mm internal width and 37-622 tyres. A new freewheel as well in 11-28 and new shifters. Also new aluminium fenders that covers up the wheels more than my current ones.

After that i think i could say that the bike won't see any other significant change as i don't see anything else that could improve it for my needs. The only thing i may possibly do in the future is refresh it with a full paint job but keepin the original two-tone colors, blue rear and silver front as i found it beautiful.

Thanks for your attention and see you later.

KK76

Attachments