HI

Sllim

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Telford
I am a 63 year old, partly retired accountant, living in the east of Shropshire, who just over 6 weeks ago had a heart by-pass operation.

I have been advised by the physiotherapists that I must exercise, unfortunately I am not a big fan of walking, I can swim but find going up and down a pool for hours boring, but not quite as boring as walking on a tread mill or cycling in the same spot, however I always enjoyed cycling, which I did to go to school and was cycling with my family up to 20 years ago, so you may have guessed my preferred method of exercise.

If it was that simple I would go to my nearest bike shop, buy a bike and enjoy a British summer.

I hope to be asking your advice in the thread "Which electric bike should I buy?" in the very near future.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Hi Sllim,

Welcome to the site, I think it would be helpful for members to advise, if they know what type of e-bike u may be considering, ie: folding, mountain bike, or stepthru etc ,and your price range ?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I have been advised by the physiotherapists that I must exercise, unfortunately I am not a big fan of walking, I can swim but find going up and down a pool for hours boring, but not quite as boring as walking on a tread mill or cycling in the same spot, however I always enjoyed cycling, which I did to go to school and was cycling with my family up to 20 years ago, so you may have guessed my preferred method of exercise.
Hi Slim and welcome to the forum.

I note we're the same age and we both have similar medical conditions bringing about the same advice. For me, walking is very limited these days unfortunately but riding a bike uses muscles differently so that's what I do. Otherwise, I empathise entirely with your comments about exercise.

Just as an aside, you were probably advised also to go easy on dairy products as I was by my heart consultant. Recently, the lung chappie told me I was a bit low on vitamin D and when I asked which was the best way to address that, he said I should eat more dairy products!

It seems you just need to listen to the advice, weigh it all up and decide for yourself based on all the evidence to hand. It's much the same with ebikes. There will be all sorts of people here ready with advice, some even having no vested interest! If you start with a budget then describe the typical use to which the bike will be put and offer an idea of the terrain you're most likely to cover, it will assist in drawing out the recommended models which might suit.

Regards,
Indalo

Sllim

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Telford
Thanks for your comments, I am presently drafting up a posting which I will put on the Forum "Which electric bike should I buy" explaining I hope the problems I am finding choosing an ebike. I look forward to your thoughts.

Regards
Sllim