Hi

Snowy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2014
I live in the Cotswolds which as everyone knows are a bit up and down. I have a 700c Hybrid which i dig out of the shed on occasion and cycle the ten miles to work. I would love to get there in a reasonable time not knackered and not sweaty. So to that end I am looking for a low cost reasonable retro fit kit which I can try out without breaking the bank. if it pans out I will invest in something better. looking forward to picking some brains and indulging in jovial banter.

Reactions: atheo

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Hi Snowy, welcome to the forum. I would definitely recommend a cyclotricity kit. Options on front or rear wheel, battery type and position, and option of an lcd display instead of the standard led display (gives 5 levels of pas instead of three, as well as more intelligent programming options). Also whichever kit you go for, don't be tempted to leave off pas, and just fit a throttle. PAS transforms a bicycle in my opinion; a throttle just gives you a rest from pedalling.

Snowy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2014
Thanks Phil it looks like one of the better options and yes I was thinking of PAS as I don't want to be fiddling around with a throttle.

Paul