How i can increase max speed of my bike?

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Again I’m new to this forum, I’m not sure how things work here. But on every other forum I’ve used deviating from the topic intended by the OP to a topic the poster wishes to talk about is literally the definition of hyjacking a thread
Sometimes people just spam their needs and then disappear for a good time. If the OP has been back since, then he could have had the decency to click any one of the topic response buttons. I'm sure that there must be something in the many responses that he likes, dislikes, agrees with, finds useful or informative. Or maybe, @crazymaster , he's just shy. :D

Again I’m new to this forum, I’m not sure how things work here. But on every other forum I’ve used deviating from the topic intended by the OP to a topic the poster wishes to talk about is literally the definition of hyjacking a thread
in my defense, again. read my first reply to the OP. This was before you jumped in. What about this post was a hijack? I was a asking a question and making a helpful suggestion. There was no judgement, no lecture, and certainly no deviation...just a suggestion and question.

Why don't you just buy a motorbike? What you want to create will be illegal to use on the roads, so why not just illegally use a motorbike. The result and consequences will be the same, you'll just have a much better product with better range.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We're a very naughty lot in here Ryan, no thread is considered complete until it's been hijacked at least once.

We've had e-biking threads with posts on sewing, best ready meals in supermarkets, a variety of medical problems not related to cycling, cultures in other countries, music, psychology, car models and just about anything else you care to think of.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
We're a very naughty lot in here Ryan, no thread is considered complete until it's been hijacked at least once.

We've had e-biking threads with posts on sewing, best ready meals in supermarkets, a variety of medical problems not related to cycling, cultures in other countries, music, psychology, car models and just about anything else you care to think of.
This is one of our strengths, we are like a pub, just chatting and naturally the conversations meander in different directions.
It can be a bit unsettling when two topics are discussed simultaneously with each alternate poster saying something entirely unrelated to the preceding post.
You will soon get used to it.

Ryan Yorke

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2018
Nottingham

That’s fair enough, it’s natural for a conversation to ebb and flow, but surely there is a line when it becomes rude to the OP? Especially when the ‘hyjacker’ has no intention of answering their question or helping them in any way.

Ryan Yorke

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2018
Nottingham
in my defense, again. read my first reply to the OP. This was before you jumped in. What about this post was a hijack? I was a asking a question and making a helpful suggestion. There was no judgement, no lecture, and certainly no deviation...just a suggestion and question.
Don’t act naive, it just comes across as childish. Your comment was as transparent as it was repetitive - which was part of the reason I interjected. You’ve even admitted it was loaded. The other part being the fake account set up to slander the other company in that thread from a few years ago, which to me is far more sickening than anyone risking their own licence on an illegal vehicle.
To answer your original question, because there is little to no chance of being prosecuted for riding an overpowered ebike, whereas there is an incredibly high chance of being prosecuted for riding a motorbike (which you full well know). In my reading I’ve found more evidence of police saying they don’t care about over powered ebikes than I have of instances of people being prosecuted.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
police dont care i have even tried to make them chase me they just dont there not interested at the speed i can go anyway.

prob be a different story if you was blasting down the motor way at 150 mph with a 200bhp motor. ;)

Reactions: Ryan Yorke

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Don’t act naive, it just comes across as childish. Your comment was as transparent as it was repetitive - which was part of the reason I interjected. You’ve even admitted it was loaded. The other part being the fake account set up to slander the other company in that thread from a few years ago, which to me is far more sickening than anyone risking their own licence on an illegal vehicle.
To answer your original question, because there is little to no chance of being prosecuted for riding an overpowered ebike, whereas there is an incredibly high chance of being prosecuted for riding a motorbike (which you full well know). In my reading I’ve found more evidence of police saying they don’t care about over powered ebikes than I have of instances of people being prosecuted.
Oh God, he's back.

Ryan Yorke

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2018
Nottingham
Every time I see even the hint of someone considering derestricting their bike I’m going to swoop in and tell them it’s up to them how they live their life and not to let anyone tell them different

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hahaha and I won’t stop until everyone acknowledges that if the law isn’t going to deter someone neither is the disapproval of a mid range ebike company
You're on the losing side in this issue. The great majority in this forum are opposed to derestriction and many of us post warnings about the illegality when someone mentions getting higher speeds.

That's the responsible thing to do since not all realise that it is illegal or the possible consequences.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Every time I see even the hint of someone considering derestricting their bike I’m going to swoop in and tell them it’s up to them how they live their life and not to let anyone tell them different
That would be very irresponsible in the Electric Bicycles Forum and also an abuse of this website as this heading shows:

Electric Bicycles
General discussion about electric bikes, e-bikes, pedelecs, pedal-assist known as EAPCs (electrically assisted pedal cycles). The current UK EAPC law states a maximum power output of 250 watts and a motor that should not propel the e-bike past 15.5mph. Please ensure all conversations respect the current legislation.

You might more usefully direct them to the S class forum to pursue their ambitions since that is why it's been provided.

Ryan Yorke

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2018
Nottingham
You're on the losing side in this issue. The great majority in this forum are opposed to derestriction and many of us post warnings about the illegality when someone mentions getting higher speeds.

That's the responsible thing to do since not all realise that it is illegal or the possible consequences.
I was actually joking in the last two messages.

Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ebike shop sell and fit dongles and honors the warranty so if you want that and no risk buy the bike from them.

ktm wont even sell you a sclass bike 45kph unless you can prove to him that you have ur own land to ride it on it is up to him at the end of the day but i wont be buying a ktm bike so his loss at the end of the day.

not that they have ever proved a dongle has been used on a bike anyway for a warranty replacement.

Advertisers