How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It wasn't the crash that made be chuckle, but that awesome soundtrack accompanying the video.

What was it that made you lose control?
Only watched on phone screen and difficult to see the point of launch :p
Glad that the music had the desired effect. :)

It is one of my regular riding routes, and I've probably ridden it in excess of 50 times. At the time I had no idea what happened, and even took a mate back with me, to try and work out what had happened, and we couldn't. About a month later I rode it again, and the same loss of control happened in the same spot, but thankfully I was going about 5mph slower and managed to pull up at the exact spot where I had previously tumbled. Very odd!
I walked back up the track, then spotted what had caused it, this very small 3"- 4" ridge.

If you look at the photo, my tyres must have caught the edge of it, and I can only assume that I over compensated without realising it, and threw the bike lock to lock, tank slapper style.
Forestry works had been carried out for a while previously, and I guess that one of the vehicles had made the ridge, the ground had gone hard, and the grass had covered it.
Thankfully they have had a 25 tonne machine levelling out all of the tracks for the last week or so, and the dreaded little ridge is now gone.

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
Glad that the music had the desired effect. :)

It is one of my regular riding routes, and I've probably ridden it in excess of 50 times. At the time I had no idea what happened, and even took a mate back with me, to try and work out what had happened, and we couldn't. About a month later I rode it again, and the same loss of control happened in the same spot, but thankfully I was going about 5mph slower and managed to pull up at the exact spot where I had previously tumbled. Very odd!
I walked back up the track, then spotted what had caused it, this very small 3"- 4" ridge.

If you look at the photo, my tyres must have caught the edge of it, and I can only assume that I over compensated without realising it, and threw the bike lock to lock, tank slapper style.
Forestry works had been carried out for a while previously, and I guess that one of the vehicles had made the ridge, the ground had gone hard, and the grass had covered it.
Thankfully they have had a 25 tonne machine levelling out all of the tracks for the last week or so, and the dreaded little ridge is now gone.
Maybe you need better tyres with more side support?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Sherman

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
It's got to be constipation as Soundwave would not have enough time to get that clobber off if it was the runs.;)

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well i got to take it off if i want to go in tesco lol, only the helmet tho ;)

ppl soon shift there ass out my way now with that on :p

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Back to dark wet winter evening rides. 4hrs yesterday evening spent plugging through mud in a lovely starry night. It doesn't get much better than that. The first few rain filled tracks weren't too nice with the water and mud splashing up my bare legs, but I'll soon get used to it again. :)

The new Hutchinson tyres are superb, but I wouldn't put them on a pedal mtb. They really do drag, and are very heavy. The lad that I ride with is on 26" wheels running Continental Mountain Kings and normally when on the road and going down hill, my bike would pull lengths on his bike. Not now. I was having to pedal whilst he was cruising.

The morning after the night before, and a very sad sight! The mudguards are back on :( I hate the look of mudguards on bikes, but at least the Scud Guard is very practical, and by far the best rear mudguard that I have used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izzyekerslike

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Back to dark wet winter evening rides. 4hrs yesterday evening spent plugging through mud in a lovely starry night. It doesn't get much better than that. The first few rain filled tracks weren't too nice with the water and mud splashing up my bare legs, but I'll soon get used to it again. :)

The new Hutchinson tyres are superb, but I wouldn't put them on a pedal mtb. They really do drag, and are very heavy. The lad that I ride with is on 26" wheels running Continental Mountain Kings and normally when on the road and going down hill, my bike would pull lengths on his bike. Not now. I was having to pedal whilst he was cruising.

The morning after the night before, and a very sad sight! The mudguards are back on :( I hate the look of mudguards on bikes, but at least the Scud Guard is very practical, and by far the best rear mudguard that I have used.

No wonder you are going out after dark!

No

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
look what i got

1 day i dont were my arm pads and torso armour and fkn tore a hole in my elbow and broke 2 ribs again lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
nope ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the cam i got dead will not turn on or charge now ffs, o if had nyon been smashed to bits.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sod that rubbish lol puff me weed in me volcano ;)

Reactions: Bigdaddyuk666

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I like the Giro helmet, what model is it?
A while back, I mentioned that I had a new Met helmet, and can't remember if it was you that had also been looking at them.

At the time, I said that it was great, but now I'm not quite so sure about it. I had read reviews and some had reported an issue with the rear adjustment band cutting in at the back of the neck.
I've found that to be okay, but what is happening is that the brow band seems to be giving me a headache. In can only be this, as there is no headache before riding and it goes away quick enough after. The helmet isn't uncomfortable, and in fact it's the opposite, but something isn't quite right with it.

Advertisers