How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Your post in the thread Eure PEDELEC videos deleted what. Reason: Topic = PEDELEC video and NOT Driving Street !!! If you have a video where your pedelec with motor can be seen, if you may like to adjust [Christof]
7:51 PM

:confused::rolleyes::eek::p

Your post in the thread Eure PEDELEC videos deleted what. Reason: Topic = PEDELEC video and NOT Driving Street !!! If you have a video where your pedelec with motor can be seen, if you may like to adjust [Christof]
7:51 PM

:confused::rolleyes::eek::p
What is all that about?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
cant post that vid on german forum? not going there ever :confused:

cant ride my bike on pavement or off road imoo_O

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no more vids as cam dead lol:rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just light cam and odometer as bosch 1 dont work as all half speed miles ect

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
71 miles today a trip to the S/Downs not all went well though as new GSM failed on the way home :(:(. On a good note bike didn't get mucky for a change it is covered in dust as the downs on the whole is a dust bowl at the mo, only a few slightly crusty mud patches about that I saw and grass tracks all nice and dry as well.
Earlier in the year I got chilled on a few rides and it took me quite a while to warm up again so today I was very cosy with my new Merino wool base layer on, top layer, long johns, socks and a beanie. The beanie wasn't needed as my head got to warm today, although today was very nice on the downs it still was quite chilled.
On another note was pleased with the lipo's with about 37.4 v resting I used 17.125ah from a 20.8ah paralleled pack with a little to spare as was going to go 35v resting before swapping over, having the volt/amp meter wired in made it easier to gauge fuel reading and range available. With the 5.2ah packs the more you can parallel into larger ah packs the better they perform, I have two more 5.2 packs so will combine them into a 31.2ah pack next time

Bramber Castle (AD 1073) remains.
DSCF0318.JPG DSCF0320.JPG DSCF0319.JPG

A selfie :D:p.
Earlier in the year the river was at the top of the scaffold railing.

DSCF0321.JPG

Then and now pic of the Adur flood plain nr Henfield.
DSCF0274.JPG DSCF0323.JPG

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Nealh your post made me smile this morning. I went to Keymer to price the job up that I couldn't do last week, and stuck the bike on the back of the car.
I set off for the ride from the clients house, and within minutes was having to get off the bike because the mud was too deep, and ended up pushing it for about 1 mile. Slightly different from your dusty ride. :D

The rest of the ride was as you said though. :)

My knees didn't seem great today, and I did struggle. I had a very nice pannini at the Hikers Rest though.

Altogether a bit of a non event ride. I did rescue a sheep though that had some how managed to climb into a very large animal water trough. The water was a horrid green, and I had visions of me ending up in the water along side it, but I managed to climb along a thin metal rod, reach down and grab the front end of the sheep, and drag its front legs out, then hauled it's back end out. I did wonder how many walkers must have walked past it but choose not to see it.

39.5 miles and 4,078' of elevation gain.

Top of the Ditchling Beacon off road climb

Just a couple of random shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: bebbe

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I guess the at the foot of the downs and climbs approaching there is still some clagg to find , I sometimes climb up the trails from Hassock's to Clayton and they are a pig when it's rained. Cycling from home I can get to Pyecombe in about 1hr 20 and climb up over Newtimber, though I may think about putting the bike in the car and drive a bit closer. I haven't been able to get out for a while and early last week had every thing ready for the next morning only to get struck down with a severe case of food poisoning which knocked the stuffing out of me and have been a bit out of sorts until into the weekend so it was good to get out and get some fresh air, I was shagged by the time I got home and ached all over esp my arms and my bum. Popped in to Lidl after visiting a new hive location for a few bee colonies and picked up a trekking saddle this a.m, so see how that goes, I think now the ground isn't soft the compact harder surface really gave me bum ache.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sadly my knees wouldn't hack riding to the Downs, then doing a ride there, and then returning home again.

It's really annoying though, as other than knee pain, I'm mentally and physically fit enough. Sitting here now, my knees feel like they are going to explode, and are burning like hell.

I'm not out tomorrow night, but I may take a spin Friday evening on the pedal mtb, then head up to Biggin Hill on Saturday for a change. That is very much subject to weather conditions though, as it gets very wet and muddy up there.

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
You dun half give your bikes a battering eddie..you have 3 I think..may I ask what make/models they are?..ktm I think..

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Hi Paul, no point in having an mtb/emtb, just to have them squirrelled away, waiting for the temperature to rise, and the one dry of the year to use them. :)

The conditions were far muddier than I had expected last night, but that was mainly because I decided to head out and find some new routes. Not so easy to do at night time, but once I've cleaned the bike off this morning, and lubed the chain, I'll be back out this afternoon for some more exploring.

The bike shown above is my KTM Macina Lycan GPS+, but now without the GPS+/Nyon

The pedal MTB is a KTM 1964.

Whilst I loved the e-Race with it's superb range and phenomenal hill climbing ability, a friend was desperate for it, and I have sold it on in favour of buying a hardatail CX Bosch powered bike. Another spare battery is always more than welcome.

So in answer to your question, I am currently down to one e-mtb.

Last edited:

Advertisers