I think I've found my next bike

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Though owning one might stretch the budget, unless i can get interest free credit +Sell current bike, and anything else I have lying about the bike room.
orox-e1708600391726.jpg
Uses the new 800wh batteries and you can fit two, so as some sort of really capable tourer for something like the pennine or great glen way it would be ideal.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
161km with only 800Wh? Pah! If dragged along by a tornado. My mid-drive bike would only get about 80km from a 800Wh battery (on highest power setting).

"Up to
161 km
Single battery

Up to
322 km

Optional dual battery"

https://www.ternbicycles.com/uk/bikes/471/orox

There's no fold for that Tern to snap in half... for things to take a nasty tern... so that's progress.

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Starting weight with one battery is 82lbs.

As you know these projected ranges are some super light slip of a girl in tight lycra, on a smooth road and no wind and power set to eco.

I expect a fat barstard like me in flappy clothing and uk roads to get less than half that.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
That is a massive bike. I like it, but I prefer not to check the RRP as I might like it less.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Watch out for that little chain roller: a GSD I know had it fail, the chain drop onto the frame and wear a deep groove. All hidden behind chain guard, so not very easy to see.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
That is a massive bike. I like it, but I prefer not to check the RRP as I might like it less.
I think I saw £6k as a starting price. Which considering my bike was £5k, thats not to bad, and if this was available when i bought mine, i'd sure as fate had went for the Tern instead.
Watch out for that little chain roller: a GSD I know had it fail, the chain drop onto the frame and wear a deep groove. All hidden behind chain guard, so not very easy to see.
Yeah, I spotted that as either a fail point, or more likely something that rattles and gets annoying after a bit.
Get me a Tern handlebar and make it snappy!
Sorry, that thread was not as simple and theres clearly a lot more to it, by which i mean it was probably his fault and he messed it up by serious overtightening.

I mean many offroad bars are 800mm, inc 2 of mine, and in those settings you are putting a lot of weight on and up on the bar from bouncing down and climbing, plus 400mm each side is a lot of force you are applying on the bar, so for a short one like his to snap, he must have done or been doing something really wrong.

Anyway, beast of a bike, and I suppose the grass is always greener as this ebike thing constantly develops and more investment is put in. I suppose the bikes of today are going to look like Stephenson's rocket compared to a Japanese bullet train in 10 years time.