If you like crank drive plus dérailleur gears

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kudos produced a bike named Eiger which used the powerful TCM crank drive motor hooked up to Shimano Alivio 9-speed gear set. The combination required understanding of how to execute downshifts under load,which has been discussed at length on this forum....basically you have to momentarily back off the power,change,then power back on,usually achieved by dabbing the brake lever.
Many of these bikes were converted to Nuvinci hub drive but the cost of doing so is so high that we have decided to dispose of the remainder unconverted at a bargain price.
These were high spec bikes with Suntour XCT forks,TCM crank drive 60 Nm motor,Samsung down tube mounted battery,Kenda K885 tyres,Tektro e-comp hydraulic brakes,includes plus pack incl lights,mudguards,kickstand.
A high spec bike for £799.00
Limited stock available,www.kudoscycles.com
KudosDave

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
This is an attractive offer. A genuine and sizeable discount given for an interesting and plausible reason.

If I had seen it a couple of weeks ago, I would have been very tempted, but I pick up my new bike tomorrow.

It's a good buy for somebody, though. It seems like the sort of bike which would ideally be sold through a mainstream bike shop by someone who could explain the customer the detail of how best to change gear. A keen cyclist might find it part of the skill of riding.