Wisper I'm such a noob

warlord0

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2024
Midlands
I finally got a replacement battery, thanks @wisper

Plugged it in on Saturday to charge, as I got no bars on the LED display. Left it on for about 4 hours and the charger thinks it's full. But still no bars on the LED display. Unplugged it all, and went into the corner to sulk.

Tried again Sunday. Plugged in charger thinks it's full, left it 3 hours. Maybe I need it on the bike for the LED to register? Connect it, take it out to see if I can use it. No bars on LED and no response on LCD handle bar display either. :(

Send an email to Wisper support.

10 mins later, I wonder if there's a packing device disabling it... Oh, look, what's this?

An On/Off switch o_O

What a noob :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I finally got a replacement battery, thanks @wisper

Plugged it in on Saturday to charge, as I got no bars on the LED display. Left it on for about 4 hours and the charger thinks it's full. But still no bars on the LED display. Unplugged it all, and went into the corner to sulk.

Tried again Sunday. Plugged in charger thinks it's full, left it 3 hours. Maybe I need it on the bike for the LED to register? Connect it, take it out to see if I can use it. No bars on LED and no response on LCD handle bar display either. :(

Send an email to Wisper support.

10 mins later, I wonder if there's a packing device disabling it... Oh, look, what's this?

An On/Off switch o_O

What a noob :D
Don't feel too bad, I did it once myself with a new TV set that had it's mains On/0ff switch designed into the cabinet so well that it was invisible unless knowing where it was. Not having one didn't seem odd since some sets, including my present one, don't have them.

Reactions: Woosh and warlord0

warlord0

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2024
Midlands
It gets worse. I bought a bell.

When it arrived I was figuring out where to fit it. Move the lcd controller? Oh, wait what's this on the brake lever... a bell!

I swear this thing is out to make me an idiot.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
We've got bells conveniently fitted, two quite sonorous but different ones on the tandem. I still often need to shout 'ding, ding' because it's quicker than ringing the bell.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
We've got bells conveniently fitted, two quite sonorous but different ones on the tandem. I still often need to shout 'ding, ding' because it's quicker than ringing the bell.
Its more satisfying to sneak up on them before shouting EXCUSE ME in a loud voice.
The way they jump clutching their heart is so pleasing.

Geriatrics, never a dull moment :)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The button for my Hornit 140db V1 is under my left index finger on the handlebar, so a loud blast is never out of rapid reach. On the rare occasions I'm on a shared path, I blast the beeper at pedestrians while quite a long way away. Of course, it also scares away squirrels, cats, foxes, birds etc. It's loud enough to be heard by drivers.

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
This one had me going for almost a decade, if not longer.....

I like my beer.. and a favorite late night scoff post session was a microwaved bag of chilli from the freezer with a pot of cuscus sat absorbing during the microwaving of the chilli, a 5-10 minute meal which with grated cheese on top filled all sorts of needs..

Now my method of cooking the cuscus was to weigh out 100g or so of the pasta into a SS pot onto which a knob of butter salt n pepper lemon juice and boiling water from the kettle were added until it wieged a total of 225g. I would put the pot lid on and start grating the cheese..

on looking back at the cuscus i would notice it always had gained 10-15g.. this sat in the back of my mind and over the years i formulated ideas to account for this phenomina, when drunk ideas involving mass being tied to volume sprouted only to be dismissed in the cold morning light..
For at least a decade this lil problem percolated in my mind..

Only after a health issue and i stopped enjoying the beers and i made the snack sober did i realise the bloody lid of the pot weights about 10-15 g DOH! (small cup sized SS pot)

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: esuark

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Im infallible.

...Ahem... :rolleyes: