Installation help

slowbutsure1936

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2022
Hi

I bought a "like new' ebike kit from bargainfox.com. No instructions in the book and can't find any online, looks like its a Chinese kit. This is my first attempt at an ebike kit so I am a complete newbie. I would appreciate any help and advice that you can give.

The description said that its a 25" wheel with 100mm clearance between the forks. I have a Carrera Subway at the same specification. However, the spindle in the new wheel is much wider (220mm). And the sleeve or spacer prevents it fitting inside the end of the forks. See picture. I can't see how to remove that spacer/sleeve. I took all the nuts off but its in there solid. Is this normal, am I supposed to knock it out with a hammer and remove the spacer/sleeve?

Thanks,

Trevor

Attachments

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
My motor recognition isn't 100% but isn't that a rear wheel?
And what's 25". Have come across 20, 24, 26, 28 etc but not 25.

slowbutsure1936

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2022
My motor recognition isn't 100% but isn't that a rear wheel?
And what's 25". Have come across 20, 24, 26, 28 etc but not 25.
hmm the description said front wheel, but that would make a lot of sense! The description when I bought it was clearly wrong, and no instructions. But thats a real newbie mistake on my part, not recognising it. Thanks, I'll go and try it on the rear!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is a freehweel rear motor and one expects it is for a 26" rim but one should be fine if it has to go in a larger rim size.

One may find the flats of the threaded axle might not sit straight in so some careful filing of the drops outs will be required not only width wise but depth wise as well.
Motor axles are 3mm more in diameter so often one has to sit them in approx. 1 - 2mm deeper so all of the axle flat has a baring in the drop out.

Last edited: